SAU Community

R34 Led Bootlid Brake Light?

Theres a guy selling these on Yahoo japan for only 3000 Yen which is about $40 but shipped with all importmonster fees etc it comes to about $140 :D

Has anyone seen these in australia anywhere? Or if anyone's contemplating ordering from importmonster soon, wouldn't mind paying $20 towards your shipping fees if you could include it in your package

post-49910-1248075875_thumb.jpgpost-49910-1248075912_thumb.jpg

hm looking on ebay and there are tons of brake leds in all sorts of shapes and sizes .. pretty cheap too. Might get one of them and just cannibalize it ..take out the board with the leds and stick under my lens :) Now just to find the right length one with 2 rows of leds..

Delta - i dun mind to do a group buy with ya for the first bootlid brake light. might be able to save that $140 fees to say $80-90 per person since i know a mate of mine who deals regularly in japan.

do u have a link ?

Howie - that led lights cost about $300 aud. so...........pffttt 300 for led lights ???

Yeah the reverse lights are pretty expenso... but then again people pay $1200 for nismo tails, $140 for the centre... can't just leave the reverse as filament bulbs can we? :)

Denis, I can get something along the lines of this - These actually look like they will fit inside the reverse lens housing pretty well, will look like the one above when illuminated...these are 30 x 70mm I think.

I'd say these work out at about $30 each

reverseLED.jpg

For the bootlid 3 of these should fit - total 16 x 120mm - Works out about $25 total

bootlid.jpg

cool I was just looking into doing a GB and it'd come to about $60 if I could get 10 interested people but if you can do it cheaper, even better :) Any ideas when you might be able to bring these in ? How hard would it be to connect them all together to fill the entire length of the light

I'm tempted to do a GB on these ones above anyway just cause they look so awesome :P Fark it I'll do a GB and see what happens if there's not enough interest you'll know it's a waste of time for you to bother with them too.

I'm starting to regret typing in 'r34 led' on the yahoo auctions ...

LED side indicators ..

LED front indicators ..

R34 Sedan LED tail lights (including the indicators / reverse lights)

I swear if someone did complete LED conversion then added in those sexy audi-style LEDs in the headlights .. it would look a totally different car - and sex on wheels.

I'm sure there are shops that specialize in bling like this but they'd charge you a ton to get all that done .. just do it yourself, one by one like I did :) Not entirely sure led blinkers (front/side) would look good. I mean they blink ..for a second, then they don't blink ..then blink again. Not like you could tell the difference between an LED and normal blinkers. I have the smoked nismo blinkers on the side/front and they look tops and do the job :)

I'm sure there are shops that specialize in bling like this but they'd charge you a ton to get all that done .. just do it yourself, one by one like I did :) Not entirely sure led blinkers (front/side) would look good. I mean they blink ..for a second, then they don't blink ..then blink again. Not like you could tell the difference between an LED and normal blinkers. I have the smoked nismo blinkers on the side/front and they look tops and do the job :)

Yeah, I have the non-smoked nismo indicators on the front/side on my R34. To be honest the side indicators didn't look as neat (only three LEDs, I reckon it would look quite stupid in the daytime). However, the front indicators were basically a big cluster of orange LEDs:

Sides:

600x45020080324000012.jpg

Fronts:

hbwyx574img600x45012461.jpg

hbwyx574img600x45012461x.jpg

You are right though - I'm not sure if you'd notice a difference. But if you're going to LED everything else ...

I'm contemplating grabbing ripping apart my tail lights and seeing how difficult it would be to do. A second-hand set of tail lights isn't that expensive to give me some piece of mind if i were to attack it anyway. One difficulty I have is that I wouldn't even be sure where I would source LEDs and some of the yahoo auction pages mention relays and other nonsense.

Wonder what 666DAN has to say ...

stock tail lights are def do-able as there's a guy in japan (yahoo auctions again) that sells nismo-lookalikes, basically stockies with leds inserted into them.

Having said that, I've just recently taken a look myself when I was replacing mine with the eastbear copies .. and the lens is glued on there with some sort of silicone + clips all around, so it'd be a bitch to remove. But maybe with some patience and a spare set to fall back to ..why not try. But then you still have to do the whole leds thing....arrrg. Might be cheaper just to sell the stockies and buy the ones from japan which came to about $600 delivered iirc.

But honestly ..the eastbear copies on ebay.com.au look tops too. I just painted my blinkers orange (as I don't like clear plastics) ..at first I wasn't so fond of the bling but it's grown on me and I could never go back.