SAU Community

Just Me Venting.. Why Buy Non Turbo..

I Get bagged out a bit but my 123rwkws is enough to take on any 4.0 ford or commodore ive come across, in a straight line dont even get started about the corners.

so. in conclusion it looks better, is faster in a straight line against any other 6 NA ive come across, and around corners and its a 2 door coupe and women like it more? whats there not to like?

im very happy with my 128 kw :rofl:

oh yeah and here are some engine bay pics too :)

Before:

2007_0609stuff0005.jpg

During:

24072009402.jpg

24072009409.jpg

24072009411.jpg

Now :):D

24072009412.jpg

25072009413.jpg

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomei - Pro Cam + Adjustable Pulley - RB20/RB25

RB20/25DET - Solid Type - 270 deg - 10.25mm Lift - IN & EX + Cam Pulleys

AU $ 1,102.92

Tomei - Valve Guide

Complete Set to suit RB25DE(T)

AU $ 441.17

Tomei - Valve Lifters

Shim Set - 12 Pieces - Nissan - RB25/20/VG30/CA18

AU $ 110.29

Tomei - Valve Springs

Nissan - Skyline - ECR33 - RB25DET - Type B - Lift 10.25 - Solid Use Only

AU $ 588.22

i want to get mine tuned and put on the dyno now its a RB27DE but im waiting to break 5000km (At the moment only 650km do ages to go :rofl: ) also need to get a 2.5 Kakitmoto cat back and my extractors HPC coated. Im considering putting $3000 into the top end, even though i just had it reconditioned for $800 (got it done for $300 because it was a mate) and changing everything to TOMEI parts. Structure is new just need the parts new ...... hmmmmm :)

Edited by central coast person

just a stock but if i did buy these i would defiantly have to start changing parts everywhere. I have loads of parts in my spare garage like extractors and Nismo fuel pump, Nismo fuel regulator and a few other little bits that i just don't want to get on at the moment because im pretty much waiting on a 2.5 Kakimoto system. When i want to make the top end more complimentary for the 2.7L im probability going to have to feed it a fair bit more air. Hope new Splitfires will ignite my fuel that's running rich so i wont need to change fuel system parts

I

so. in conclusion it looks better, is faster in a straight line against any other 6 NA ive come across, and around corners

Well, if you're comparing your "sports coupe" to a family sedan then no f**king duh. For an even more pointless comparison, why don't you say that your car is faster than turbo because you can outrun a truck or a bus with a turbodiesel?

There are plenty of NA 6's that would defecate all over your car, performance-wise. That you haven't seen them just shows that you're either not looking, or not going to particularly nice places. Or get a NA 4 banger, of which there are plenty of seriously quick ones out there.

Well, if you're comparing your "sports coupe" to a family sedan then no f**king duh. For an even more pointless comparison, why don't you say that your car is faster than turbo because you can outrun a truck or a bus with a turbodiesel?

There are plenty of NA 6's that would defecate all over your car, performance-wise. That you haven't seen them just shows that you're either not looking, or not going to particularly nice places. Or get a NA 4 banger, of which there are plenty of seriously quick ones out there.

Geez someones a bit touchy ;)

I dunno what some of you guys have been smoking but R33 Skylines are nearly as commonly owned as VN's now and in ever increasing numbers by bogans. (the VN would be considerably faster than a N/A 2.5 though).

You can go off with your air headed projects for 'working' on your N/A motors, but at least read up on the R31 club about how pointless it is (and I'm talking twin cam +3L bottom ends here!)

I think that you're having yourselves on if you think that other people are thinking you own some exotic sports car lool (with the exception of GT-R owners)

Also if you're letting parents influence your car buying decision, try growing a spine.

If you're trying to avoid getting 'raped by the popo' try driving like a normal person - seems to work pretty well for me.

if you are talking about a kind of purple/blue metallic R32 with CHIX 32 on the plates (pos lol) then no, mine is a black R32 with TE37's.

yeah thats the one, didnt get to see the plates tho, but had the purple/blue colour too it. i didnt like the sound of it, sounded like crap! are you gonna be going to that show and shine at the end of september being held at mildura?

I dunno what some of you guys have been smoking but R33 Skylines are nearly as commonly owned as VN's now and in ever increasing numbers by bogans. (the VN would be considerably faster than a N/A 2.5 though).

R33 Auto GTS25 (N/A) 1350KG, 140KW

VN Commodore 1310-1490KG, 125KW

How is the VN considerably faster?

maybe if it was stripped....even still the suspension would hold it back. i dont think any commodore 6 pot, pre VS would be faster (in a straight line), the ecotec motors were considerably better than the original buick plants.

R33 Auto GTS25 (N/A) 1350KG, 140KW

VN Commodore 1310-1490KG, 125KW

How is the VN considerably faster?

HP and KW wins bragging rights at the bar...

Torque wins races...

VS 3.8L 304 Nm@3600 RPM - At peak torque KW = 114KW

R33 RB25DE 255 N·m @ 4000 rpm - At peak torque KW = 106KW...

See how the VS has 7% more power at peak torque compared to the R33, yet has 20% more torque at peak torque?

You will find, most japanese and european cars make all their power through revs, not torque...

American and Aussie cars are all about Torque.

Oh, and take into account, 2nd gear comparison, an Auto Commo VS a manual Skyline, the commo has 65% longer 2nd gear then the R33... But drop back to the manual commodore and they go KM/H for KM/H... Yet the Commodore is still revving 1500RPM LOW... So it still runs, 27% longer gear ratios... Fits 5 people comfortably with luggage in the back, towing a trailer, and you barely notice it...

Just to give you a bit more "comparison" I made 250RWKW on the dyno, took it to OP GP, had Brad (RISKIN) riding shotgun as instructor... His comment was that I hadmore straight line go then his 480KW GTR... His GTR is lighter then me too... So how would that work out if it's all about HP and KW? It's because Torque makes you go fast... Same reason V8s are doing the same times as us down the 1/4 mile, with 100KW less...

My R33 when it ran the RB25DET in it, I could feel the added weight of 3 passengers... Yet alone the complete and utter lack of boot space, not to mention, I wouldn't tow on it!

Oh, and when you get your 2.5L N/As making 250RWKW, come talk, we'll see who's still quicker... My turbo or your NA... (When you hit 250RWKW, see if you can start a rolling burnout at 130KM/H in 3rd gear, by ONLY accelerating... (No clutch kicking, nothing) and that's with warmed up tyres... On the track too...

it really does amaze me how people that own a turboed car always believe that they think that they have ot have the last word on everything and HAVE to be right, i didnt realise this was supposed to be about which car is better...NA or turbo. i mean seriously ffs, power isnt everything, but wait i hear you all go but u where gonna supercharge and then u were gonna turbocharge, yeah well things change unfortunatley for whatever reason, mine has been financial changes which have stopped me from doing what i wanna do.

I bought my car out of compromise - it ticked all my boxes.

- non-turbo R34 Skyline 4 door came into view - seemed to have everything I wanted ;)

It's the best car for what I needed/wanted

Having a turbo is the bees knees - but I've been so happy with my car I've kind of got attached to it :devil:

After 8 pages of crap and varied arguments, interesting points, haters, children, informed tech heads, posers, reviewers and sh*tstirrers the debate still rolls on.

Have a look above at this post chopped out of course. He bought coz it had what he wanted. As did many of you, weather you like N/A or turbo commodore or skyline. Miss r34 for example clearly loves her beast and good on her. mad082 had some spot on tech and someone even pointed out that numbers mean jack on the road. They sell cars not prove cars... Bet in the end people are getting caught up defending and attacking for their personal loves or beliefs. Diversity is what makes the car scene so great guys, so dont hate, APPRECIATE.

post-256-1245784809.jpg

Well the laddies did do there voting :D Pretty sure skyline wins hands down now.

The majority of people in the world love its look and things like the top gear vote are everywhere over the internet.

So i remind you.

The original thread owners point was he was gettin payed out on by his mates for buying the car he wanted. As a young guy i gave him the best answer to shut them up (page 2). Based on top gears test its a fact too.

Wow, a bunch of "adults" who supposedly share a common hobby trying to ignite e-wars. I guess people don't grow out of the keyboard warrior phase. If a visitor read that it would look real good for the club... morons.

+1 for sure as a new member i raised my eyebrow.

I just love how, it started out by people saying that their NA was faster, better, etc etc than their mates VN commodore, then as soon as somone with a turbo comes on here and says somthing, the very same people turn around and say "but its not always about the power etc"

So you guys chose to buy a slow car, fair enough, you have your reasons.

BUT - the fact that you can buy a GTS-t for the same or less money than the Atmo variants, It doesnt make sence to buy a lesser car for the same money to me