SAU Community

M35 Obd2 Or Is It?

scotty nm35

1 hour ago, West said:

These Android HU, are they ok? Lag?

Yeah they're not bad. They lag a little but nothing dramatic. On start up it's a little slow as i've got a fair few things starting up in the background but overall quite happy with it. It'll run hobdrive, igo maps, dab+ and take a phone call all at the same time without any drama. Communication between hobdrive and the obd2 is a little slow, rpm is a little slow to keep up but that's got more to do with wifi/bluetooth speed than anything to do with the hu. 

Sound wise, it aint no Alpine but still sounds pretty decent for what it is. Mines a little old now, it's a 5.1 android and cost me around $270 delivered a year or 2 ago. Ive got 2 of them in 2 different cars and both have been reliable to date.

1 hour ago, admS15 said:

Yeah they're not bad. They lag a little but nothing dramatic. On start up it's a little slow as i've got a fair few things starting up in the background but overall quite happy with it. It'll run hobdrive, igo maps, dab+ and take a phone call all at the same time without any drama. Communication between hobdrive and the obd2 is a little slow, rpm is a little slow to keep up but that's got more to do with wifi/bluetooth speed than anything to do with the hu. 

Sound wise, it aint no Alpine but still sounds pretty decent for what it is. Mines a little old now, it's a 5.1 android and cost me around $270 delivered a year or 2 ago. Ive got 2 of them in 2 different cars and both have been reliable to date.

Great thanks.

Will investigate into them a bit further but sounds like the way to go. Oh i still have the rear hatch switch if you still interested.

• Like 1

Great thanks.
Will investigate into them a bit further but sounds like the way to go. Oh i still have the rear hatch switch if you still interested.
Yeah still interested in it. I'll pm you and organise to meet up when free, you can check out the hu in person [emoji106].

On 4/30/2018 at 4:46 PM, admS15 said:
On 4/30/2018 at 4:40 PM, RS_Wags said:
Thanks Cobber, I've just ordered one too emoji3.png

Lol, i should hit seller up for a commission.

If it works I'll shout you a beer

vlink arrived, and its works well with HobDrive!
Now, why am i getting P0171 System too lean (Bank 1)....
Not sure about the error code but is that a paid version of hobdrive. If not I have a discount voucher code (half price) that may or may not still work for the full version.

Also, have you worked out how to read all the sensors yet? Hit the screens tab, select sensor list, from the list tap the text of the sensor you want and it should start showing a reading next to it. There are sensors there that the m35 doesn't have so if you select one of those it wont show anything. Its a little cumbersome but it does work.

Ps, ive been unable to get the fuel usage shown to be 100% accurate. Its about 1-2 litres/100 off. Gave up in the end, lol.

If anyone wants the coupon code pm me.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I want to buy a  OBDII  tool  for a  Stagea NM35 ASX.

My vehicle has   been going into Limp mode infrequently and 2 different mechanics have not been able to work out the problem. Strangely, clearing the error code seems to help for a while.

I returned to the original thread,  by Scotty NM35,  to read the history from 2009  , but the external   links either produce a 404 error, or the info is gone.

A popular diagnostic  unit I read about  out was a  FIXD engine health tool but it seems from the comments of the forum , the NM35 is an odd setup for OBDII diagnostics and its hit or miss if the particular brand works.

If I get a unit, I need to be able to reset  the codes and know what each code means.

Thanks in advance  Any information much appreciated.

Edited by samuri