SAU Community

R32 N1 Gtr Rh8/rh9 Drag Car

Nur33

SOOOOOO NICE!!!! Hopefully if all goes to plan my skyline will end up like this someday. Would love to do it with twins but and maybe look more at the 9sec bracket. hmmmm may have to start looking for that higher paying job and stop with this roster crap so i can get some overtime and start working those 80hr weeks that i use to lol

But hey nice car mate and looking forward to seeing you out at the drags. hope your still going to be there for winters! I'll be there crewing for Ash Hamblin. if i see you i might come and chat to you.

Good luck with the build mate. looks good so far

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought my T88 was big but looking at your setup jesus... This is going to be one serious car, being up in Mackay though where do you take it for test and tuning? I'd imagine you would be running deep into the 8's eventually, surely Willowbank would be the closest strip to handle the regulations placed on this beast.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Kingy...ok the updates are:

-Was gonna put photos up today but forgot my camera USB Cable (sorry).

-$2500 worth of SS Braided line and fittings rocked up this week. (Thanks VPW)

-Rear Cradle is in with new beefed up urethane bushes and solid spacers are in, along with new Kaaz 2 way Diff, Billet Driveshafts.

-All New Rear Cusco Suspension arms and Tein Super Streets are in.

-Boot fuel system nearly complete (looks shit hot).

-Engine is in for now, plumbing up dry sump and pre-lube pump set up, catch can, turbo etc.

-PWR Cross-flow Radiator and Breather tank set-up with termo fans should be here soon (Thanks to John at Unique Auto)

Everything is coming together pretty quick, looks quite good for a back yard job, long ways to go yet, not goin to make it to this year jamboree (as of brother's tafe bullshit) but dont think the car will ready anyways.

Thats all for now folks, stayed tuned, more pics coming soon, peace out and be good to your mothers!!!

Cheers

Benny

Seems people underestimate how much fittings and braided lines cost when you get a heap of them.

$50 for a fitting sounds ok.....but when you need 15/20 fittings it starts to add up

Well done on getting it this far, should be a monster

Hi Guys

Will be putting pics up later today sometime, yes i know the budget is a bit crazy, but we are doin it once and doin it probably and want to own one of the wildest R32 in Australia. Some people dont realise that Stainless steel braided lines are so expensive, Dash 12 and 16 fittings are killer, when the car is finished it will have about 4k worth of braid on it. Every single hose you can think of is goin to be braided.

Cheers

Benny

P.S if you want to check out our First Project Car R33 GTR it was in Aprils Issue 120 of HPI magazine.