SAU Community

R32 N1 Gtr Rh8/rh9 Drag Car

Nur33

Hi Guys

Todays progress was, we custom mounted the R33 GTR Power Steering pump on the left hand side of the engine, directly under the alternator. This frees up space near the dry sump pump and the turbo, looks awesome pics coming soon.

Cheers

Benny

oh hahahaha hahahah hahaha stop it you are killing me!

a drag car! not cutting corners!!!

samantha stevens demonstrates

129184833015774556.jpg

Serious car. It has got the best radiator known to man kind.

Cheers John

Its a very nice piece of craftsmanship, PWR did a awesome job top quality.

To answer some other peoples questions:

Yes there are no cutting corners here, yes its primarily setup up for drag racing, but this car will be a multi-purpose GTR, kinda gonna do what Signal Auto did with there R34, get a 8sec pass, then its only a matter of changing turbo,suspension and brakes and can quite easily change it to a time-attack car.

For the first few months it will be more a show car (we are trying to compare our car to the Garage Saurus Carbon R32 if thats possible!!!) then compete in some dyno comps, powercruises etc. Until we learn to drive it hahaha.

As for the Dry Sump Bracket, Mark at Godzilla Motorsport Fabricated Ours.

Progress of the car at the moment is we got a tiny delay, gotta modify the rear cradle lower arm mounts to allow better squat under hard launches, but we are slowly chipping away at it.

Stay Tuned more updates/pics coming soon.

Cheers

Benny.

Hey mate,

This build is still looking awesome!!!! Would love to see it in person when you get it up and running.

Are you still going to be at the winters next month?

Matt

Nah mate we are still ages away from being complete, might be going at the end of the year maybe!!! If we had a money tree we would be good lol!! slow and steady wins the race.

Cheers

Benny

Ha ha yeah know what thats like. Gotta fork out for a v88 ecu now lol. Still worth it but in my opinion. I love your 33 as well i have the issue its in and was reading about it. Looks nice and sounds like it would poke along alright as well lol. Anyway keep it up mate and hopefully i will see you cruising around soon.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Another update for ya's, as of today the intercooler piping is being welded up, the rear cradle has been modified and is being put back together in the car and the big PWR Radiator we bought did not fit in the factory location cause of the dry sump pulley so we cut the lower cross member out and is not mounted under to top cross member.

In case you are curious as to why we modified the cradle, here's why:

-The lower control arm angle on the R32's is something like 13 degree's higher at the front, which can bind up the suspension under hard launches causing tramping, which can also cause the driveshafts to be on harsh angles, then snap the CV's. So we cut the front mount off and re-welded in the same position on the R33's.

-The R33's and R34's had this modification done from factory, if you look under your car the rear lower control arm is fairly flat. (Well it is on my R33)

Heres so updated pics:

Cheers

Benny

post-56933-1276052822_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1276052920_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1276052960_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1276053000_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1276053037_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1276053080_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1276053117_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1276053148_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1276053202_thumb.jpg

Hi guys

Has anyone ever bought the Adel Wiggins Intercooler Clamps before, i bought a 3" and a 4" off Rocket Ind, and charged me $600 for the two. Anyway they rocked up at home and guess what? It only came with the clamps and not the weld-on adapters like i asked for, rang them back up today and they said they wanted another $500 for the adapters, FFAARRKK. So i told them to bash it up there arse i'm not paying $1100 for 2 F*#king clamps (excuse the language). So probably gonna try out the Gas Motorsport Clamps.

Cheers

Benny

Haha yeah i'm serious i got the receipt for it, bloody ridiculous. Cheers for the link NXTIME ill check it out tomorrow, also Marko R1 where did you purchase yours from.