SAU Community

R34 GT-Four RB26 Time Attack Build

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on how much this whole project's gonna cost?

Like all projects, think of what you want to spend then double it.

But this car is sooooo gonna be worth it, watching it carefully, 4 door 34 love.

Last Saturday up in the local Adelaide hills my clutch decided to shit itself, basically i couldnt move, could start the car in gear and nothing.

After waiting 4hrs for a tow truck i got the car back to my brothers workshop and decided to pull the gearbox out the following day. This is what i found....

post-38653-1262863284_thumb.jpg post-38653-1262863341_thumb.jpg

After getting the gearbox out i decided i might start on the engine :P

post-38653-1262863436_thumb.jpg post-38653-1262863520_thumb.jpg post-38653-1262863588_thumb.jpg post-38653-1262863637_thumb.jpg

And this is how it looks now

post-38653-1262863696_thumb.jpg

Cheers Luke

Cheers mate.

Next step is to strip the engine bay out, and get the bay ready for painting. After that drop the front subframe, paint it Nismo silver with nismo bushes throughout. And while all that is getting done assemble the 26 and get that ready.

Might try and roadtrip it over to NSW to watch the superlap :)

Cheers mate.

Next step is to strip the engine bay out, and get the bay ready for painting. After that drop the front subframe, paint it Nismo silver with nismo bushes throughout. And while all that is getting done assemble the 26 and get that ready.

Might try and roadtrip it over to NSW to watch the superlap :)

might as well seam weld it too

On the weekend i took my guards off ready for the engine bay to be painted. Getting all the little clips and lines out of the engine bay was a pain but almost finally there woo.

post-38653-1263208373_thumb.jpg

Reo bar off :)

post-38653-1263208654_thumb.jpg

If u look where the battery usually goes, that rust will be getting cut out and a new piece welded in :laugh:

post-38653-1263208727_thumb.jpg

Just got the brake booster and clutch cylinder to remove now and that it..... Then onto sanding :D

post-38653-1263208813_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had my Exhaust manifolds, dumps and heat shields hpc coated this week and this is how they look :D

post-38653-1263977169_thumb.jpg post-38653-1263977281_thumb.jpg post-38653-1263977307_thumb.jpg post-38653-1263977356_thumb.jpg

Also have removed everything from the engine bay and sanded it and now its ready for painting ;)

post-38653-1263977443_thumb.jpg post-38653-1263977491_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Thougth you would have stitched it, I have read that doing welds without spacing them 'stiching' does not allow the chassis to flex at all and can cause the weld to tear with time. I could be wrong though.

Read my mind.Yes this is true...