SAU Community

Nissan Consult Software

r34 gt25

YES!!!!! i just got mine today.

you can check almost anything you like with it, and makes error code reading stupidly easy.

mines an aussie made one by ECUtalk usb consult, cost $75 bucks straight from them. postage was uber quick.

and YAY my car came up with code 55 (no malfunction).

only thing im not to sure about is the timing at idle seems to fluctuate rapidly, not by alot, but the guage on the ecutalk program seems quite eratic, the moment you come off idle its fine and doesnt seem to affect the cars idle at all.

ECUTalk

not sure if it works on the R34 (assuming by your name that you own a 34), or if you need to buy a different one for it.

the one i bought comes with a few different free programs, but you can pay big bucks for some of the programs, although im not sure why.

Edited by boiracer

yeah i also have one. contact newkleer on here. he is the one who makes the ecutalk stuff. i think he may do a discount for forum members (i know he did for pulsar forum members cause i only paid $60 for my one a few months back).

it is good for resetting self learn codes, checking the timing and things like o2 sensor, and if you get some of the other programs for it you can do tests such as switching off cylinders, LOL.

as for why you pay money for some programs and not for others, it is kind of like how you can big bucks for anti-virus software or you can get free ones. depends on if it was made by someone who wants to get paid for the hard work they have done, or if it was made by someone who did it out of the kindness of their heart.

also the programs that you have to buy often have more functions to them, where as ecutalk more justs reads the data and displays it.

having said that, you can usually find someone to supply you with a cracked version of the programs you normally have to pay for.

I have one I bought from Caz Racing...It pretty good...Cant remember the name though?

The ability to turn cylinders off is a good feature. Its intent (or what I use it for anyway) is to detect differences in cylinder performance and indentifying problems cylinders etc. I haven't used it for a while but from memory what it does is turns each cyclinder off then back on in a sequence and measure drop in rpm for each cylinder dropped. If all cylinders are even in compression, fuel addition and spark then the drop in rpm for each cylinder should be approximately equal. If you drop a cylinder and idle doesn't change as much you know there is problem with that cylinder...The software I have displays rpm drop for each cylinder on the screen so you can record it..

Also if idle timing jumps around you may find your idle is a little too high as from memory the ecu jumps from 15degbtdc to a 5degbtdc as soon as engine comes off idle without load...So ecu is toggling between 15 and 5 deg...I think??

on my pulsar the timing at idle varies between 15 and 13 degrees but when locked in base idle mode it locks it at 15 degrees.

as for the dropping each cylinder, my program does it but i don't know if it records the rpm drop (i have 2 programs that due it but only ever really played round with it once for fun). it doesn't turn them off in sequence though. you just select on which cylinder you want to turn off then click the start (or is it stop???) button and it turns that cylinder off until you click the button again. but it is good. if you find a cylinder low then you can do a compression test and if it is fine then you can simply swap plugs and coils with a different cylinder to see if it is spark or fuel.

yeah i figured that much, but unless your doing uber performance work, you dont need to pay huge amounts of money for a few more features, the programs that come with the ECUtalk are pretty extensive anyways. from idle adjustments, to turning off cylinders, pulseing solenoids to check for voltage drop, etc etc.

although the programs are a bit twitchy, but for free im not complaining (that could be vista too)

nissan datascan license is only $50 so meh ..worth it I reckon as you get free updates and it's actively developed I think. Has all the goodies in it so you don't need to switch between different programs. Nice logging and replay and graph functions too..pretty handy.

obd scantech is definite worth giving a shot before you do spend $ on any program (it used to cost money, but a year or so ago they made it free).i normally tell anyone to wait a month after they get a cable before spending $ on software (gives time for the novelty to wear off, and then theyll know whether they will use it often, or just for the occasional checkup).

• 7 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 1:55 PM, NewKleer said:

what specific function of consult III are you after? Nissan Datascan III might cover it if its a consult specific function thats not available over OBDII.

I want to enable 

• Auto door lock  
  • Auto door unlock
  • Auto window up/down via remote