SAU Community

Aug Deca - Wrap Up

R31Nismoid

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an NA s13 made it into the top 3 on the knockout. take that you 4wd cheating, lots of power having people! lol was awesome fun

haha yes, i think Phil was just as surprised as we were :)

Congrats to Leon though, drove the tits off his machine to take knockout honours!

Long Wang's victim did make it home okay. My one hour of DECA was great :)

Glad to hear!

Just going to quote myself as I think it is a valid suggestion as there may be more new people at the next DECA

Was a good day, only suggestion is on the miniwang, cones(or waterless barrier:P) going from the finnishing box to the edge of the track that the timer/cone mover is on, as a few times cars went straight past when they shouldn't of, could leave the other side open for when other people need to move around the circuit still. Would also help flow as you would have peice of mind that people would know where they were going so you could release the next car as soon as the previous car is clear even if you are still walking off the track. Might save 1-4seconds per release? would add up.

Oh, and I recommend sunscreen

Another great SAU DECA. Thanks to the organisers and volunteers once again.

I'm glad to hear Juliette got home ok and hope the Pulsar doesn't take too much to fix.

Beats me how you guys manage to organise such great weather too, looking out the window this morning but keep it up and I'm looking forward to the November round.

What an awesome day! First time out there and had the time of my life.

First of all organization was great and you guys couldn't have picked a better day, perfect weather- would like to thank all the volunteers and organizers that took the time and effort to make the day as good as it was and run as smooth as possible! Everyone was friendly and was great meeting everyone.

My favorite course would have to have been the mini-wang, was laughing the whole way through that one especially coming up sideways up that hill foot to the floor, think i did a wee. Skid-pan was awesome as well, surprised i made it through that far in to the knockout stages with the lil 20, would've been nice to beat the the evo and make the finals if i hadn't locked up parking into the gates hitting the cones lol - what a gun he is! :) Well done to the winner :blush:

I've only got a few snaps of myself that my friends took, here's a couple of my favorite shots of the day

post-2240-1250388427_thumb.jpgpost-2240-1250388463_thumb.jpgpost-2240-1250388473_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to the November round, hopefully I can make it then.

^^ I love your car!!! Perfect in everyway!! Also the S2 S14!!!

Nice meeting you also/following you to deca/getting lost lol

Awesome day, couldnt have asked for better weather.

Props to all the organisers/officials

Cant wait to see all the photos/videos/results

Rob/Niroj - The knock out was soo funny, i shouldnt have made it that far lol. I would roll into the garage second, and one of the officials would tell me the other guy WD'd or hit a cone. Bad luck to russell, you should have got that one. Hats off to your honesty, but i dunno how you knew you hit a cone, i was concerntrating on the road lol

Awesome day, hopefully be able to make novemember!!

that was an awsome day, i was only a spectator but still loved watching it. i have a couple pics, they aren't that good but ill throw them up later anyway. im soooo competing in the next one my r34 might be auto but i have a shift kit going in soon that might help a bit lol. there were some great cars out there with some great driving. also id like to add a big thanks to all the organisers and volunteers for making such a great day.

ps. i might bring sunscreen next time lol.

^^ I love your car!!! Perfect in everyway!! Also the S2 S14!!!

Nice meeting you also/following you to deca/getting lost lol

Awesome day, couldnt have asked for better weather.

Props to all the organisers/officials

Cant wait to see all the photos/videos/results

Rob/Niroj - The knock out was soo funny, i shouldnt have made it that far lol. I would roll into the garage second, and one of the officials would tell me the other guy WD'd or hit a cone. Bad luck to russell, you should have got that one. Hats off to your honesty, but i dunno how you knew you hit a cone, i was concerntrating on the road lol

Awesome day, hopefully be able to make novemember!!

Hahahaha Phil it was an eventful morning, sorry I got you guys lost lol, but it was great meeting you mate. Well done on the day and thanks for the philips head when my front bar shit itself hitting a cone! :)

Glad you made it down Scotty! Nice seeing you again mate - make sure you get that R34 down there in November!

like i said in the other thread, awesome event, and the 3 groups worked really good. and a big thanks to Russel, who helped me out and then we raced on the skidpan and i almost beat him!! lol

here is a couple of pic iv got..

dsc02080small.th.jpg

dsc02081small.th.jpg

and here a few pics of roman phil and i.....

dsc02103small.th.jpg

dsc02103small.th.jpg

Hahahaha Phil it was an eventful morning, sorry I got you guys lost lol, but it was great meeting you mate. Well done on the day and thanks for the philips head when my front bar shit itself hitting a cone! :)

Glad you made it down Scotty! Nice seeing you again mate - make sure you get that R34 down there in November!

im definately in next time. ive got a few vids of your car they aren't great because i was only using a digital camera but ill probably put them up on facebook for ya. also thanks for taking me out on one of your runs it was awesome.

Haha was an awesome event. The Longwang - skidpan - miniwang setup was interesting and flowed quite well.

Battles were awesome fun!

The knockout section was real good but it ended up with a lot of people sitting for 20mins~ once they got knocked out

The best part was the remaining skidpan time for the people who stayed to the very end :)

I think everyone managed to squeeze out 4 untimed battles which was awesome fun haha

All my tyres are gone and im sunburnt haha

Cant wait to see the photos/videos! Saw so many photographers out there, some with the longest lenses I have ever seen! haha

(Any footage of car number 9 black r32 send this way :blush:)

Thanks all!

that was an awsome day, i was only a spectator but still loved watching it. i have a couple pics, they aren't that good but ill throw them up later anyway. im soooo competing in the next one my r34 might be auto but i have a shift kit going in soon that might help a bit lol. there were some great cars out there with some great driving. also id like to add a big thanks to all the organisers and volunteers for making such a great day.

ps. i might bring sunscreen next time lol.

car 46 (mine) is auto. i had no troubles out there man. but i will be putting in a shift kit and swaybars b4 the next one.

longwang was cool, if only for the fact that i managed to lock up into the first chicane, and proceed to carry two cones all the way around to the second chicane.

What an awesome day! First time out there and had the time of my life.

First of all organization was great and you guys couldn't have picked a better day, perfect weather- would like to thank all the volunteers and organizers that took the time and effort to make the day as good as it was and run as smooth as possible! Everyone was friendly and was great meeting everyone.

My favorite course would have to have been the mini-wang, was laughing the whole way through that one especially coming up sideways up that hill foot to the floor, think i did a wee. Skid-pan was awesome as well, surprised i made it through that far in to the knockout stages with the lil 20, would've been nice to beat the the evo and make the finals if i hadn't locked up parking into the gates hitting the cones lol - what a gun he is! :) Well done to the winner :blush:

I've only got a few snaps of myself that my friends took, here's a couple of my favorite shots of the day

post-2240-1250388427_thumb.jpgpost-2240-1250388463_thumb.jpgpost-2240-1250388473_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to the November round, hopefully I can make it then.

Your car looked great and you did very well time wise on the mini wang from memory... What mods?

Your car looked great and you did very well time wise on the mini wang from memory... What mods?

Cheers mate looking forward to seeing the times if they get posted as it felt like I went through pretty quick (my second run felt quicker but i hit a cone in the finishing gate :) ). Mod wise turbo-back 3", induction mods, fmic, rb25 s1 turbo, remap, 13psi ~186rwkw - Suited me well for skid pan and mini wang, could do with some more grunt for the long wang though...

Didn't know you made it down, was your car there?

Cheers mate looking forward to seeing the times if they get posted as it felt like I went through pretty quick (my second run felt quicker but i hit a cone in the finishing gate :) ). Mod wise turbo-back 3", induction mods, fmic, rb25 s1 turbo, remap, 13psi ~186rwkw - Suited me well for skid pan and mini wang, could do with some more grunt for the long wang though...

Didn't know you made it down, was your car there?

I came down with Roman(white 180 type-x, at wallan BP in the morning), me and the mrs did the timing/cones on the mini-wang then passengered on the skid pan in the arvo. Yeah on your second run was a pity you hit that cone, think it was a second faster than your first. What suspension mods does it have?