SAU Community

Aug Deca - Wrap Up

R31Nismoid

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ Ryan...i was thinking of driving up in the morning with the semis on!! a little risky but i want them to be warm before i hit the track....and i wont do big burnouts....maybe

this thread is reminding me of when i used to play indoor soccer with a group of lebo mates, turn a fun time into a world cup "why the f**k u didnt pass" "why did u miss that goal" "stupid keeper"...blah blah blah

meh its a fun thing to do, theres no money or prizes to win, if u wanna get all competative invest in the v8 supercars or sumthing,

ITS A FUN TIME AND KEEP IT THAT WAY

my 2 dowwwlllarrrs

I got 31st! At first I thought it wasn't anything spectacular, but after reading all your posts I'm feeling much better about it. I've never done anything like this before (not even on the streets), and was driving a stock, heavy NA, so I'm quite happy.

Okay, I'm done tooting my horn.

im excited about entering for the first time in november but im scared as well lol i have no idea what my car will be like but i have to learn somehow. also loved those pics Adzmax, they made me lol. :)

Just got back from Nissan Datsun Sports Owners Club Vs. FOrd XR club motorkhana and would like to share some ideas which was used in their format.

Their skidpan runs are based on official cams motorkhana circuits

http://cams.com.au/en/Sport/Disciplines/Au...sts%202002.ashx

They split the skidpan in 2, and had 2 seperate skidpan courses on each side (Instead of sauvic having one large skidpan event taking up the whole pan)

The Cams circuits (for example "Happy Birthday" and "World Tour") are small but have plenty of turns in order to do a lot of sideways fun or aim for quick timing. It's also good for the low-powered cars as they dont need huge amounts of power to get from one side of the skidpan to the other.

A couple of goods one are "crossover" and "Straight slalom" etc all small in size but are quite difficult and dont require a lot of power to be quick.

Also at the end of the day, they had a knock out challenge which consisted of slalom up and then back down to the finish line (an idea for future knock outs for sauvic?)

So just throwing out some suggestions for future deca's :)

Cheers

I went to the Ford DECA day after after one of the SAU DECA's. The courses were way to tight and slow and the only reason they ran that type of course is because the officals said they tried using the whole skid pay and the ford guys kept spinning off the skid pan ( Hinted "they can't drive very well") and it was in their best interest to keep it small and safe.

Semi's are rubbish. Keep it real on the limiter and streets!!!

The easiest way to avoid having another wreck to deal with is just to not crash, seems pretty straight forward? lol

Why didn't I think of that one? :)

Car's at the panelbeaters now. I'm not going to see any change from $2,000 (could be more) and I'm supplying loads of second hand parts I've got for free or cheap.

I got 31st! At first I thought it wasn't anything spectacular, but after reading all your posts I'm feeling much better about it. I've never done anything like this before (not even on the streets), and was driving a stock, heavy NA, so I'm quite happy.

Okay, I'm done tooting my horn.

You should feel good about it! You did well for that car IMO. You'll do even better next time. I remember lining up against you in a battle and we were trying to work out whether we should go for it or just put on a show :bunny:

im excited about entering for the first time in november but im scared as well lol i have no idea what my car will be like but i have to learn somehow. also loved those pics Adzmax, they made me lol. :)

Don't be scared mate, you'll be having too much fun. Everyones real friendly and there are plenty of first timers. Besides...stunts, slides and f*** ups get applauded. It's a great place to learn the limitations of your car without looking like an ass / endangering lives.

Why didn't I think of that one? :P

Car's at the panelbeaters now. I'm not going to see any change from $2,000 (could be more) and I'm supplying loads of second hand parts I've got for free or cheap.

Ouch, that sucks. It really didn't look that bad when I saw it. The passenger side of my R33 is costing my insurance company about $5500 to repair and it's all aesthetic damage.

Hey I noticed a couple of people with video camera's at DECA.. has anyone put any video's up any where...

i've seen the few on car ones and a couple of burnout ones...

wondering if there was any others...

I remember speaking to one of the people taping the skidpan stuff and he said he was gonna give the tape to Ryan so he can cut it up for us? I'm going to bring both a spectator and a vid camera next time lol.

Hey I noticed a couple of people with video camera's at DECA.. has anyone put any video's up any where...

i've seen the few on car ones and a couple of burnout ones...

wondering if there was any others...

i have about 15 or so vidz, with mini wang, ahem some long distance wang, skid pan, and even juliett's car being towed. haven''t had time to put on youtube and was in no rush as amateur footage, n popularity. with no offence to Garbz missus! i still like them as the vidz are of the cookies and cream cars.

p.s. take a big camera/cam to november deca

• 2 weeks later...