SAU Community

Aug Deca - Wrap Up

R31Nismoid

i'm looking around the site but i don't see the results, where are the times in which people are referring too ?

and from the deca round 3 thread re: the silvia @ centre rd with missing headlights.

i need a left hand one.........lol the appprentice took my broken lens and socket's out and i think i'll keep it as a air intake for a bit tho :)

Also i will be collecting any photo's or vidz of the VN and my silvia. please pm me if you have any. ta

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

car 46 (mine) is auto. i had no troubles out there man. but i will be putting in a shift kit and swaybars b4 the next one.

longwang was cool, if only for the fact that i managed to lock up into the first chicane, and proceed to carry two cones all the way around to the second chicane.

i thought that was auto when i was watching. your car did really well. ill be getting the swaybars also before i enter it should be good so hopefully ill see you at the next one and this time im competing. also i got a mv automatics stall converter but im not sure if i want to install it with the shift kit because im not really interested in drag racing.

i'm looking around the site but i don't see the results, where are the times in which people are referring too ?

I timed the mini wang so i remember a couple of the cars. Results will be up in a few days from what I heard. Hope they can read my writing...

they will put the results here soon...i dont expect good times for me! at November i will be ready to get good times and run semis this time

yeh i know they usually take time, but the comments made me question it. ta

Firstly must say, Thanks to all the sponsors and people and volunteers who helped the event be as good as it was. Also all the people that attended were great and easy to get on with.

At the mexiacan Joint the read out they top 3s for each event. I didn't take any notice of where anyone came because they said i got 3rd fastest time on the Skidpan. :angry: .I couldn't believe my Evo GT-A (auto) would be competing with the cars that arrived on trailers lol. I know its an Evo but still its auto and is stock besides a cat back exhaust. Fun day and learned a lot about my car and the fact i can do almost anything in it and the car will look after me. I went in the Micolour Silvia at the end of the day as a passenger and that thing was a fighter! :D . Now that guy knows how to drive! (sorry forgot his name, im bad with names! i think his name is Michael???)

OMG the waitresses were a bit friendly at that mexican joint! :down:

Edited by cmccolgan27

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/a...09/P1140924.jpg

You can see my car in the background on the other side of the skid pan, My mate had the yellow supra that also done well. So if anyone has anymore pics or vids of these 2 cars we would love to see them.

This was our first event and wont be the last thats for sure!!!.

I have finally uploaded the remaining videos to youtube, although they mainly follow hubbys car :D

Edited by NUTWGN

I'm not going to hear the end of how well Leon did tomorrow. I'm just going to take pride in the fact that I beat him once on the first head to head lol. Got reeeeeeeeeeaaaaal lucky lol. However I did manage to knockout Action Dan hahaha (Damn that MX5 I nearly had you :D )

Awesome day, me and cas have pics of every car going through the checane on the long wang :angry: Im sure she will post it up soon.

Thanks for letting me drive you car in the knockout chad... makes me regret not bringing my car... bloody loved it!

Bring on november!!! :D:D

Awesome day, me and cas have pics of every car going through the checane on the long wang :angry: Im sure she will post it up soon.

Thanks for letting me drive you car in the knockout chad... makes me regret not bringing my car... bloody loved it!

Bring on november!!! :D:D

and pics of mine going THROUGH the chicane i hope

I was very happy to get through the 1st knockout round, my ABS not working got me stopped in time, while Moe flew through the box coz of ABS kicking in. :D

did anyone catch any photos of my handbrake park in the last untimmed run.

Great weekend. Well done everyone that was involved (Ryan, Bec, Crossy etc). Great job as always and new format was fantastic. More track time FTW.

Timers and helpers did well in the sun all day - thankyou**.

It was good to meet lots of new people and some I haven't seen for a while. Good to see that the guys that did it for the first time enjoyed it too.

I am now up for a new set of semi's now that those rears are now delaminated...

**Except Tim and Campbell..... Eat D$!

A huge thanks to the organisers and Micolour for putting on yet another awesome day!!

Highlight of the day for me was having a go in Al's car on the skid pan in the afternoon, can't remember the last time I had a bigger smile on my face :D - thanks again buddy!!

Looking forward to seeing more pics and vids!

I'm not going to hear the end of how well Leon did tomorrow. I'm just going to take pride in the fact that I beat him once on the first head to head lol. Got reeeeeeeeeeaaaaal lucky lol. However I did manage to knockout Action Dan hahaha (Damn that MX5 I nearly had you :D )

Hats off to Leon for driving like a man possessed, I was 'marginally' impressed I suppose ;) (Thanks for the grill too, will be good to fill in that gaping maw on the S13)

Hachi Roku: You drove really well so top effort on the skid pan. The Hachi might not pack much punch but it turns in like a gem. Bring it to Winton - I must have my revenge!

As for me, well I had a blast (sunburn aside) and got exactly what I wanted from the day, a chance to test the new suspension settings and tyres without getting booked. I can't wait for the next Winton as the Long Wang showed me that the car now has a "truck" load more grip and stability at speed (trying to turn hard without some speed with those camber settings seems to be an issue though still). The S13 had a few bugs throughout the day but we managed to iron most of them out enough to continue driving at least. Thanks to Autobarn Shep for charging me a ludicrous sum for a cooler pipe :down:

Thanks to Ryan and Russ for the tips on the semi slick inflation too, that made a big difference to grip.

Great job by Bec, Ryan etc as the day seemed to run very smoothly for the most part. I'd personally like to see some more Long Wang time in future though.

Dinner was a laugh but it was a bit disappointing to see how some people behaved with a few drinks on board, those waitresses have seen a lot and can take plenty so you know if they are unhappy there's good reason. Was great to meet some new people and put faces to names, though I'm sure I asked a few of you what your name was multiple times...

We've got some pretty good/funny/messy shots from the Mexican place so I'll sift through and throw some up later on tonight. Special mention to Campbell and Tim for their photographic efforts, I think I laughed hardest at pics you guys are in - bloody posers :D

Edited by ActionDan

Awesome day! Thanks to all the Motorsport team for organising it, I was a big fan of the new format. There was a nice driving flow with it, and what seemed like less waiting time.

Thanks as well to all the volunteers, your efforts are very much appreciated!