SAU Community

Aug Deca - Wrap Up

R31Nismoid

Awesome day, me and cas have pics of every car going through the checane on the long wang :D Im sure she will post it up soon.

Thanks for letting me drive you car in the knockout chad... makes me regret not bringing my car... bloody loved it!

Bring on november!!! :down::D

First things first. I cannot believe that someone entered would do something so stupid as to let somenone who is not entered get out on that skid pan; and probably unlicenced for that matter too. The fact no-one even asked if it would be alright shows a lack of manners and flat out logic. If anything had happened it would be the end of Deca Days.

This event may just be a bit of fun but there is a serious side to it and we rely on peoples better judgement to make the day safe and succesful. We spent hours on the phone to AASA before this deca fighting to continue with the battles. We will also now be considering wrist bands for entered drivers that will come at yet another cost.

The fact you helped out in the morning Kris has helped you out, we cannot tolerate this and will flat out ban anyone who thinks they can help themselves to a drive.

Take this as a first and last warning.

Moving on...

The day itself went better than we expected once we got through the first round of timed runs. Unfortunately there were a few minor details I missed in the breifing but thankfully there were only a small amount of hiccups in the morning. Well done to everyone, especially the first timers for catching on quickly.

Also thank you to Bec, Mat & officials/helpers, everyone appreciates the work you guys do to enable the days to go ahead.

Results will be up later this week.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh almost forgot to thank you Dane. Appreciate the ride and for letting Kate have a spin as well, she loved it. I think Ryan is going to try and sway her back to the Nissan side though :D

No worries Dan, good to meet you both.

Nissan or Subaru... you can't go wrong! :down:

Also want to shout out a special thanks to the person who did the 3-2-1 count down during the untimed battles (3:30pm-4:30pm)

As everyone else was packing up you were still out there till the very end for the select few who didnt want to get off the skidpan haha :)

HUGE thanks to everyone who helped out on the day - we simply couldnt run these days without volunteers, so it is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks to Micolour for being a fantastic event sponsor and for being so dedicated!!! Breaking the diff in Shepparton late Friday arvo, driving back to Melbourne to fix it and then coming back to Shep to compete on the Saturday was a massive effort. Well done guys.

Was great to see so many new faces enjoying themselves and is awesome to hear such good feedback on the event.

Juliette - am glad your OK and hope you get everything fixed ASAP.

Crossy - am hoping you got home safe last night.

Hope to see you all around soon.

Huge thanks to Bec and Ryan for runnin DECA.

and Bec thanks for doin all the accomodation :) .

Thanks to Micolour for sponsoring the DECA.

Thanks to the officials/helpers they did a great job.

lookin forward to nov3mber. :blink:

Also want to shout out a special thanks to the person who did the 3-2-1 count down during the untimed battles (3:30pm-4:30pm)

As everyone else was packing up you were still out there till the very end for the select few who didnt want to get off the skidpan haha :)

That would be Campbell

Crossy - am hoping you got home safe last night.

:blink:??? What happened?

cant wait for the next event.. tho i have a MASSIVE flat spot in my front tire EERRRRR!!!

Just put em on the back and machine them round again :P

A huge thanks to the organisers and Micolour for putting on yet another awesome day!!

Highlight of the day for me was having a go in Al's car on the skid pan in the afternoon, can't remember the last time I had a bigger smile on my face :P - thanks again buddy!!

Looking forward to seeing more pics and vids!

I still want that rematch!

You were heaps quicker off the line but im sure id catch up to you back to the finish (if i didnt spin out that is :blink:)

Next time, you-me deca, its on! :)

Juliette - am glad your OK and hope you get everything fixed ASAP.

Thanks Bec :thumbsup: Will assess what needs replacing this weekend, fix the bodywork in maybe a few weeks then get onto the mechanicals. Shaken, but not stirred :D

Another fantastic DECA! Me and Campbell had a great time on the skidpan all day watching the action from up close! The new setup worked really well and things ran pretty smoothly. Once again thanks Luke for another crazy burnout! Dinner was as always wild and was good to meet a lot of new faces. Can't wait for November.

**Except Tim and Campbell..... Eat D$!

Thanks Russell for your wise words, and for waking us up on Sunday at 5:30am!

Special mention to Campbell and Tim for their photographic efforts, I think I laughed hardest at pics you guys are in - bloody posers :(

What can i say, the camera loves us :D

I still want that rematch!

You were heaps quicker off the line but im sure id catch up to you back to the finish (if i didnt spin out that is :()

Next time, you-me deca, its on! :D

He he, looking forward to it mate.

Till next time though, Antony 1 - Pat 0 :P