SAU Community

Where To Get Wheel Alignment Done

Guest INASNT

Guest INASNT

My cars vering to the left and at over 100km/h the steering wheel starts to shake abit!

Where can i get a good wheel allignment done in the dande area, and would maybe bearing or sumthing need to be changed which is causing the vibration at over 100km/h!

Hey denham,

In order to get a wheel alignment, you gotta go to someone who has a Hicas lock, cuase some places dont have it. Thre's a place in oakleigh that I used to go to get mine done. Tyre factory in dandenong can do it, but last time my mate went in there they damaged his front skirt and then denyed it, same with my mates dad's VXSS..so dont go there.

If you ring up a place, just tell them its got 4ws like the honda preludes, and if they can do the honda's they can do your skyline man.

Regards

Sam

Guest INASNT

OOHSAM!!

dont i know u? :shake:

Tyre factory!! they r the doggiest ****s around!

did u get your bearing or bushes changed last time when u had a problem

Nah man i never got it done, I cant be f.u.c.k.ed, I think the problem is bigger than i thought so im just gonna leave it till my wheel falls off. I think my Pit arm, or steering arm is f.ucked, its dripping some sort of oil, power steering oil i think..i dont whats going on down there, we'll see how it goes, i definatley need the bushes changed though, might do it myself depending on how hard it is, any one know?

Skyline's do not require a special tool like Prelude's - you can take it pretty much anywhere to get a fair job done.

I used to manage a tyre/alignment shop for years and can tell you that most alignment technicians have absolutly no idea what they are doing. I would suggest going to somewhere that only does suspension and alignment work (not just any old tyre shop)

Hi,

There are two places that I would highly recomend as they are experts in this field and will do a great job.

1. Traction Tyres in Rowville.

These guys are one of the largest motorsport tyre distributors in Melbourne for Yokohama. They set up a lot of race cars and know there stuff. My GTR is heading in their on Monday for a full alignment.

2. Tru Track in North Melbourne.

Speak with Ralph and tell him Shaun from GT Sports sent you. He deals with a lot of modified and lowered cars and is very well known in Melbourne for knowing his stuff. He will make sure your car is spot on!!

Hope this helps,

Shaun.

Guest INASNT

thankz guys!

got it done and was out 6 degrees at the back left and 2 degrees and the front left!

Drives normal now

I think drivin with that space saver i ws using out the back caused a bit of the problem cause it was 1 inch smaller than my other rims and everytime i accelerated hard it flung the ass out to the left!

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by skyline33

INASNT,

Where did you end up taking it? I need to take mine this coming week

i took it 2 beaurepairs in dande to get it done!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by russcb007

3 places I have found....

Mansons in bayswater..excellent they know their stuff

Bob Jane in Ringwood...used to be owned by Jim Richards and the guys who were there then are still there and are good too.

There's 3 types of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't :)

Got to agree about Manson's, and also Traction Tyres

hmmm...did I actually get my wheels aligned...I think I have five...hmmm

c'mon....I have a stressful job alright...its hard at uni.

The third which I forgot to include for some reason...was bridgestone in airport west..they have an almost brand new computer and stuff they also did what I asked without too much fuss and got it right.

Cheers,

Russ