SAU Community

Rear Window Defogger Inop -.-"

XxNinjaxX

hey guys, as i said the rear window defogger isnt working right when i need it most -.-.. ive checked fuses and all are ok. ive unplugged the switch connection and cleaned it out so now ive come to this as ive run out of idea's and dont know where the bloody thing is in the car! XD its a R33 gtst.

any comments reguarding testing and location of the defogger its self would be great :rolleyes: cheers,

Chris.

had this problem with a different vehicle turned out to be where the wiring conected to the windscreen

cant hurt to check i just needed a little spot of solder

if you didn't know, the defogger/demister thing is actually the lines that run across your rear windscreen. these run a little current through them. check to see if you havent scratched one of them cos if the circuit is broken, it wont work

hey guys, as i said the rear window defogger isnt working right when i need it most -.-.. ive checked fuses and all are ok. ive unplugged the switch connection and cleaned it out so now ive come to this as ive run out of idea's and dont know where the bloody thing is in the car! XD its a R33 gtst.

any comments reguarding testing and location of the defogger its self would be great :down: cheers,

Chris.

Dude... R33's have defoggers? I couldn't see a thing all day! How do they work?

Dude... R33's have defoggers? I couldn't see a thing all day! How do they work?

yea man theres a button next to your hazzard light button. umm ok so pretty much this is the go, the button has a light on it and yeah its not lighting up when i press it hence it not working, any chance it could just be the switch? hmm... this is such a pain in the ass...so it runs from the fuse to the switch then from the switch it runs the current to the defogger lines yeah? i really need to fix this as i might aswel not have a back window atm lol.

get someone to sit in the back seat with a rag

every time you drive when its cold

lol. :D thats hardly practical, yet still amusing :down: i really want to get this dam thing working. im leaning more towards replacing the switch and seeing how i go as thats really the only thing that could be stopping it from working...

ok so

1.Fuse-ok

2.condition of defogger wires- ok

3.switch-who know's..

4.power to switch- how can i test this?

solder or you can get those electrical pens (I got one for other stuff) that can work to join contacts without using solder so you can basically redraw the lines if they have been worn off.

• 9 years later...
On 8/21/2009 at 2:44 AM, XxNinjaxX said:

lol. :D thats hardly practical, yet still amusing :down: i really want to get this dam thing working. im leaning more towards replacing the switch and seeing how i go as thats really the only thing that could be stopping it from working...

ok so

1.Fuse-ok

2.condition of defogger wires- ok

3.switch-who know's..

4.power to switch- how can i test this?

u end up fixing the problem? if so what was solution? cheers!