SAU Community

R34 Gt Stock Rear Wheel

hi everyone, as it happens ive cracked my rear left wheel on my 34 gt. 4door auto :( im looking for a new set of wheels and tyres now, but am wondering a few things. i plan to upgrade a heap of stuff now lol, so im gonna turbo it as well as brakes from a 34 gtt? was looking at maybe tein super street susp ?

ive got around 10 k budget to do it all wheels, turbo, suspension etc. any suggestions about what turbo or other parts to use eg r33 turbo, 34, new garett one?, dont wanna kill my engine lol but i read some of u guys running 15 psi ok , id be looking at stock boost levels to start and then go more later on ..

i love the nismo lmgt4 17 inch would these fit on my car? and if i get them seems like 4 k with tyres prolly lol , is 6 k enough for turbo conversion and all extras. any advice on who to carry this job out reccomendations? car is gonna be daily driver ,low down response and midrange is what im after. ive read on some of you guys doing this lately did most of the parts come new or source second hand?

on a side note if anyone knows where i can find 1 stock 34 gt wheel or anything the same size cheap lol

currently evertything stock beside splitfires, and exhaust.

thoughts also on my current car 4 door auto 34 + 10 grand in it eg turbo etc- vs a stock 34 gtt 2 door manual power wise and realiability

let the ideas flow! :P ty

Plenty of modded ones out there, unless you want to keep a 4 door? 6k is a very reasonable budget given labour and tuning etc... plus all the other various bits and pieces like custom lines, joins, any pipe welding, spark plugs...plan that budget well and you'll come through quite nicely.

An R33 turbo will be fine, R34 turbo would be better though the 33 will give bit better low down response. R34 turbo should handle bit more boost than an R33 turbo (as far as I'm aware), and is more likely going to be in better/newer condition.

I'd already gone so far with my 4 Door GT that it simply wasn't worth selling... that and I done suspension/brakes/wheels/tyres before deciding to turbocharge or stick with N/A performance (either way I was keeping the car). My four door attracts little-to-no unwanted attention, so that's always a bonus ;) there's a lot more out there for two door though which does make life easier when it comes to sourcing parts.

You'll also find that the R34 25GT Four Door has 280mm front and 265mm rear rotors, so if you keep it then I would suggest upgrading front AND rear brakes. Goran at Brakewest in Victoria made up my braided ADR approved lines to suit R34 4 door with R33 GTSt Calipers. The mechanic who done my brake upgrade was also able to fit the calipers by modifying the exisiting hubs/upgrights. The R33 GTSt hubs I got didn't fit to the R33 GTSt calipers which was rather strange... either way it should save you a few dollars by not having to buy hubs/uprights.

ye ideally id like to sell it but with the 1 buggered wheel now im not sure how i can do that.i cant seem to find 1 wheel to fit. i rang bob jane etc looking for a second hand wheel but no luck though im not sure on the offset i need or other dimensions for stock 34 gt n/a 4 door :s

if i could sell it for like 11 that would be sweet . i dont wanna buy a whole set of tyres and wheels then sell it type thing unless that cost is on top of the car.. drving around on this space saver is annoying lol

edit-just found a set of 4 these are the specs

16 inches

7J

5 holes

PCD114.3

Offset +40

through import monster around 600 for the 4 rims landed, look better condition than my stock ones anyhow lol

but will them dimension fit my car same looking wheel pretty sure mine is 16 inch too, how can i find out ?

Edited by wired

ye ideally id like to sell it but with the 1 buggered wheel now im not sure how i can do that.i cant seem to find 1 wheel to fit. i rang bob jane etc looking for a second hand wheel but no luck though im not sure on the offset i need or other dimensions for stock 34 gt n/a 4 door :s

if i could sell it for like 11 that would be sweet . i dont wanna buy a whole set of tyres and wheels then sell it type thing unless that cost is on top of the car.. drving around on this space saver is annoying lol

edit-just found a set of 4 these are the specs

16 inches

7J

5 holes

PCD114.3

Offset +40

through import monster around 600 for the 4 rims landed, look better condition than my stock ones anyhow lol

but will them dimension fit my car same looking wheel pretty sure mine is 16 inch too, how can i find out ?

They'd be 16s. The tyres will say R16 if they are, or R17 if they're 17" which I highly doubt. Why not get factory GTT wheels? I suspect they'd be easier to come by private sale? Have a look through the for sales or post a wanted to buy. If you go with 17s you'd want to make sure the tyre profile is suitable though so as to maintain the same, or close to the same rolling diameter to ensure a happy speedo. There should be a compliance sticker in the door jams which should have that info on it as well.

ive come across alot of 32, 33 stock wheels so far around same 450-550 but no gtt wheels so far

specs of 32 wheel is

6.5 X 165 H 114.3 +40 vs the 34 16 inches7J5 holesPCD114.3Offset +40

slight diff in size between the 2 can the 32 wheel fit my 205/55 r16 tyre ?? and also the wheel then fit on my 34?