SAU Community

Where Is The R33 Full Workshop Manual (not Just The Engine)?

Torques

Hi!

I was wondering with a car as popular as the R33 Skyline how come there is no chassis/body/electrical workshop manual available???

I got the complete workshop manual package for the R32, but for the R33 it's 'just' the engine workshop manual floating around.

It's a total mystery to me ... (and it's annoying :domokun:)

Any ideas where the complete package is to be found?

Can it be bought? Who has it?

Looks like this ->

man.jpg

Cheers ...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

Thanks for the info ...

But this manual is the same that is floating around ..

It's 'just' the Engine-Manual, not the whole thing.

Sigh - I guess I have to be still looking

;)

I got mine from here

pdftown.com/Nissan-Skyline-R33-Service-Manual.html

bit annoying with all the passwords and other sites and all but yeh, printed copies go to ebay.com.au they have them.

I hear your pain ! Ive been looking for one for quite a while, specifically the full wiring diagrm as I want to retro fit a A-LSD V-Spec diff to my R33 GTST Series ! !

Thanks God! There's another guy looking for the real manual ;)

Funnily no one else seems to bother ....???!

I need the full wiring diagram as well ... (that's what I'm looking for)

I'll dub them The Lost Scrolls from now on ... it's very mysterious, isn't it?

If I come up with something I'll let you know. Promised!

Edited by Torques

There isnt one in english, have looked high and low, there is a company in NZ that translated the engine one but they only do then if there is enough interest, go there and lodge you interest, from memory we need about 100 people who are willing to buy them before they will translate and print them.

Hi ...

I have requested the manual at their site, thanks :(

Though I have searched high and low as well, I could not even find the Japanese version ...

(it must be out there .... somewhere ;)

Many thanks for the input.

Cheers from London!

With the currency conversion rate it will cost $80

For $80 and if its got what I want Id buy one !

PM-33 why ?

Ive read the post youve put up I the Driveline section !

From what I can tell that diff, with an auto bleed set up, is exactally what Im looking for !

I can get everything minus the wirring for very cheap.

So,for me, it might be the go !

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there I have received the following ... (do you people think it's save to send any money?)

-->

Hi, We now have a sufficient number of requests to translate the 1993~1997 Nissan SKYLINE Code: WM107 workshop/repair manual. We now need enough people to confirm they are still interested so we can begin work on the manual. Kindly CONFIRM OR DECLINE by clicking on the link below. See below the process that will follow:

1. We ask all who made a request to confirm they still want the manual via the link below. (Please only confirm if you will defiantly purchase. If you have decided not to purchase the manual please use the same link to decline and remove your request.) Please note if you don't confirm or decline you will continue to receive these emails sent automatically from our system.

2. Once we have enough confirmed we ask for a $30 deposit to secure your manual.

3. We start translation of the original Japanese factory manual once we ask for deposits and expect to publish in 8 weeks time.

4. Once manual is complete we ask for the total (NZ $70.00 + post)

5. You will receive your manual in 5 to 10 working days.

Please note we will then offer the manual for sale on our web site for NZ $150.00 + post. The price you are paying is the discounted amount of NZ $100.00 + post which is only available to people who requested the manual and have been through the above process.

Sections expected to feature in this manual are as follows:

General information and maintenance.

Engine mechanical.

Engine lubrication & cooling systems.

Fuel & emission control systems.

Engine electrical equipment.

Clutch

Front & rear axle.

Manual / automatic transmission

Steering

Propeller shaft,

Brake system

Wheels & tyres

Suspension,

Interior equipment,

Trouble shooting and diagnosis.

Electrical diagrams

I'm in if they will give me the discounted price :blush:

try the link i posted earlier and see if you can still register, got an email today requesting the deposit, here is the email i got:

This email is concerning the deposit for the 1993~1997 Nissan SKYLINE Code: WM107 . We now have enough numbers to carry out translation and publication of the above mentioned manual. Please make a NZ $30 deposit so we can start the process. Once we start we expect the manual to take 3 to 4 months to publish. Once we have the manual complete we will ask for the remaining amount of NZ $70 + NZ $20 postage and will ship the completed manual.

there not asking for money yet, just click the button and confirm you still want one.

I certainly will be putting down my $30NZ when they ask for it.

Yep,

You're right ..

They did not ask for any down payment (I thought they would by following the link)

But I will buy the manual ... most definitely :blush:

Yep,

You're right ..

They did not ask for any down payment (I thought they would by following the link)

But I will buy the manual ... most definitely :blush:

they are now tho, but the link didnt work for me.

Torques please correct me if Im wrong but I have been told that the 33GTR and Gtst was locally released in the UK???

If this is actually true wouldnt the UK nissan dealers be able to source english manuals?

I have been looking for one since 2002 and have NEVER found one. The closest I have come is the NZ site

Torques please correct me if Im wrong but I have been told that the 33GTR and Gtst was locally released in the UK???

If this is actually true wouldnt the UK nissan dealers be able to source english manuals?

I have been looking for one since 2002 and have NEVER found one. The closest I have come is the NZ site

Hi Dave,

I have never heard of a UK release and if there was one it would have been 'spread' eventually :P

To my knowledge the R33 was not sold outside Japan, so there is most likely no official version of it.

Believe me, I pulled all strings I could get hold of .. but no complete R33 manual..

The one 'floating' around is for the engine, but nothing else covered.

A real mystery for such a popular car ..

I see you come from Sydney?

How bad was this red dust storm you had over there?

I saw it on the news and it looked like a scene from planet Mars :cool:

Cheers from London,

Andrew