• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

GUN32R

R32 Gtr - Rebuilt Engine With Warranty

Hi All

I am selling my R32 GTR - recently rebuilt engine (i picked the car up today with only 250km on the engine - a further 1250km before the rev limit is taken off and the final tune is done).

I am after $25,000. Have receipts for well over $30,000 for repairs and improvements etc - $16,000 of them at Advan by me.

Email me if interested - I am in Sydney. jonathon.a.pearce@au.pwc.com

This car has a host of extras. Recent addition to the family proving to be more difficult to manage than thought. All import compliance docs and receipts available.

Engine firstly rebuilt less than 9000km ago (3000km on it when I bought it) - bad ring assembly and running rich meant I have had to rebuild the engine after owning the car for less than 6000km.

New engine less than 300km - built by Peter Hopkins of Advan Performance. Motor comes with warranty. I am currently running the engine in - just got it back today 9 Sep 09.

Engine

OS Giken Forged Pistons - brand new

ACL Race Bearings- brand new

ARP con rod bolts- brand new

N1 Oil Pump- brand new

Metal head gasket 1.2mm- brand new

New Clutch

Reco Flywheel

Sard 700cc injectors and hi flow fuel rail - less than 2000km

Adj cam gears - less than 2000km

Re-located oil filter - less than 9000km

Splitfire coil pack - less than 9000km

NGK Iridium Plugs - New

Head serviced etc - New

Turbos - Hi Flowed steeel bearing N1 spec - less than 9000km

Apexi pod filter - less than 9000km

Exhaust 4 inch through to HKW Super Dragger muffler - less than 9000km

Link G4 EMS (AFMs no longer needed) - less than 2000km

Turbosmart E-Boost 2 - less than 9000km

HKS Turbo Timer - less than 9000km

Momo wheel

Tinted windows

Pearl Maroon/red paint

Rays 18*10 rims + 98% rubber

Alarm, central locking and anti theft stuff

Interior A1 condition

New Ventilated discs plus race pads

Gearbox and diffs all A1

Some small scratched on front lip and wheels (from my work car pack) - Otherwise paint is excellent

post-61724-1252320436_thumb.jpg

post-61724-1252320457_thumb.jpg

post-61724-1252320478_thumb.jpg

post-61724-1252320494_thumb.jpg

post-61724-1252320515_thumb.jpg

this car is mint! i have seen it driving around! im looking to buy one again! but not right now! so if its for sale when im ready to buy mate, i will be in contact!!!

i miss my gtr which was stolen! think the wound has healed and its time to replace!

best of luck with your sale mate, if someone falls in love with it, the cash will find its way!

bump for immaculate car!

G

😂

i have given up on the prospect of GT-R ownership. im not a car flipper with deep pockets and even though i could put myself in debt quite easily, i simply refuse to pay top dollar for tired cars with questionable history, accident damage, rust, iffy mileage, worn interiors and engines that could go pop at any moment

• Sad 1

No GTR is getting any younger, they are all older cars.  So paying $50K+ for a car that needs work is only for those with deep pockets and a single vision.

It would be more economical - in the long run - to buy an R35 tbh.  Although I have to admit I have looked at a V8 Lexus because the cost of continued ownership is much less than it is for an R35.  And I'm not buying euro trash, to hard in every way west of the divide.

Have to look at them the same way people looked at 70s muscle 10-15 years ago; they went through the roof price wise, but had local history backing them (and universal love)hence went much higher in value. But they are still weekender projects for mechanics and those with disposable income to throw at the money pits. These are similar in that if you love a certain shape or or sound or driving dynamic of an era, you're left with no choice.

R35 makes logical or economical sense, but how often are enthusiast cars about logical fit? I've driven so many modern cars and I'm stuck in the 90s for my tastes. I can't get into these cars that are so well designed for road handling and economy and safety and noise control that you feel less like a driver and more like a passenger. And I realise that my 90s cars did the modern thing to 70s and 80s cars, but that's just the era I grew to love. So I'll be hanging onto a 90s car for as long as I can!

On 9/9/2019 at 10:57 PM, Birds said:

I can't get into these cars that are so well designed for road handling and economy and safety and noise control that you feel less like a driver and more like a passenger. And I realise that my 90s cars did the modern thing to 70s and 80s cars, but that's just the era I grew to love. So I'll be hanging onto a 90s car for as long as I can!

Totally get that - many people out there say the 90's were a golden age for Jap cars and I was in the same minset for many years, until a car came along and totally changed my views on modern cars

That car was Renaultsport Megane RS275, I hired one from Hertz and took up the Old Pac to check out the Gosford Car Museum. Went thru a set of 45kph corners at 90+ and had a bit of an epiphany - the handling, the damping, the stability, the sharp steering were all first rate and I had not even reached the limits of the car... and this was a stocker that at the time could have been bought for less than 20k for an older model

Only reason I dont have one today is that the fker is too wide for my narrow driveway