SAU Community

Removal Of Rear Seats And Door Trim Replacement.

GoldZilla

As per above, I'd just like to get a quick idea on who's done the rear seat removal. I'm getting my rear seat re-trimmed to match my fronts, so I need to remove the bench and backrests to leave with the trimmer.

Is there anything in particular I need to worry about? Are the cables (or whatever) in the luggage area easy to remove and re-install later?

With the door trims, who's replaced the material in the centre of the door cards (I know BITSUS Nigel has done it, anyone else)? I'll eventually have these re-done as well, so I might as well have as much information as possible ready to go for when I need it. I've had the door cards off before when I replaced my speakers, but never actually looked at how the panel holding the fabric is attached...

Thanks in advance!

Door trims are peice of cake... from memory all you need to do is remove the cover from around the door handle then theres a couple of screws... then the window switch just clips out from the door trim and then you just gently pull around the edges to release the clips, lift it up out of the window and its off!

(edit) sorry just realised you only meant the door cards...

Edited by SHIZNT

just make sure you have a pair of needle-nose pliers handy when you put the rear seat back in: the reclining mechanismhas a little hook on a spring that rectracts a fair way, and can be a little tricky to get out. Otherwise, it's about 5 bolts from memory: mine came out easy, but the guy who bought my interior needed a heap of leverage to grck the top centre bolt...

Overall, it's a pretty easy process: 5 mins to remove, and probably around 10 mins to put it back in.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...
On 12/15/2019 at 9:08 PM, KiwiRS4T said:

My C34 was pretty quick with 320awkw - yours should really shift with 388 and should be fun on the track with over 400!

On 3/12/2020 at 1:09 PM, Duncan said:

Original factory 260 turbos?