SAU Community

Jwt Pop Charger Or Not?

danny_tq

hey guys,

Bout to order some mods online....

I am choosing between the following 2 combinations: 1. Motordyne plenum + z-tube or 2. Motordyne plenum + z-tube+ jwt pop charger.

I've got an 5AT, which I consider a 'cruiser' rather than a 'muscle' car. Does anybody think the JWT pop charger could be too loud? Ive already got a fujitsubo exhaust which makes some decent sound at high rpm.

Also will excluding the pop charger mean I will get less overall power gains? Ive read the plenum/ztube/jwt can add 15kw to the wheels...

I just want to ensure my car keeps its character I guess...

cheers,

Danny

I found my Popcharger only made my Z33 louder past like 3000RPM. Around town, you shouldn't even notice it.

Up in the rev range it gives the engine one hell of a nice note. I got compliments from everyone I drove past at WOT.

hey guys,

Bout to order some mods online....

I am choosing between the following 2 combinations: 1. Motordyne plenum + z-tube or 2. Motordyne plenum + z-tube+ jwt pop charger.

I've got an 5AT, which I consider a 'cruiser' rather than a 'muscle' car. Does anybody think the JWT pop charger could be too loud? Ive already got a fujitsubo exhaust which makes some decent sound at high rpm.

Also will excluding the pop charger mean I will get less overall power gains? Ive read the plenum/ztube/jwt can add 15kw to the wheels...

I just want to ensure my car keeps its character I guess...

cheers,

Danny

Hmmm been meaning to get one myself. Where are u planning to buy it from? I saw one on Ebay US but the postage price puts me off.

hi,

Just wondering what power gains did u get? I heard in some cases there is a loss of power down low?

Not sure...

share your experiences

Come on Danny i know you have done you research :) Just buy that Space and get that Intake. +15rwkw is yours for the taking :)

Come on Danny i know you have done you research :) Just buy that Space and get that Intake. +15rwkw is yours for the taking :)

Paul I sure I have ; )

I was referring to the Fujita filter..

no doubt the jwt/ztube combo adds some some power.

my only concern is if the sound is 2 loud, but seems like under 3000 I should be ok.

cant wait for the extra 15kw....

because the stillen are popular as well as the JWT and also help prevent with loss of power from heatsoak. The fujita and jwt will cause you to some power loss due to heatsoak without proper heatshield.

So far from my knowledge and the G35driver.com, that JWT are more popular for the 350z owner due to the hole intake at the front of the beam, while the V35 not as good. G35 in USA seems alot more popular using the stillen, being the one that having a good heatshield and prevention of heatloss. Also help with the problem of getting defect by cops too.

This is purely owners choice, if you just want sound then JWT pop charger. if you want sound and less chance of power loss, then go for stillen.

I just want the OEM looks and don't want trouble from coppers as well or even upgrade to the 06+ rev up intake box.

cheers

Edited by pw350gt