SAU Community

Can I Borrow For Pits Thread

Hanaldo

Hey guys and girls,

I did a search and noticed a few of the other state sections have a stickied thread for this, but couldnt find anything in WA.

Basically people just post up things that they need to borrow or things they can lend to other people in order to pass the pits. Not saying this should be an alternative to getting permits for mods, just for cases like mine, where the previous owner of the car removed some factory items which i now need to pass the pits.

So if people find this thread useful then maybe a mod could sticky it.

Cheers,

Martin

***Please note. SAU takes no responsibility for any items lent/borrow/swapped or similar in this thread. If you wish to lend something to someone then you do so at your own risk. By using this thread, you are agreeing to the aforementioned condition***

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So ill get things started, would anyone be able to lend me their factory rubber pedals? When i bought the car, the owner had removed the accelerator rubber and replaced it with one of those crappy, cheap Malz brand pedals. I have since installed Isotta racing pedals, but inspector at the pits told me i need to restore them to the factory rubber ones.

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers,

Martin

lol sticky this thread..

pedals are legal but they cant be all metal they have to have decent amount of rubber grip on them.

See that's what i thought and what i was told when i bought these ones, they have plenty of rubber on them, but the inspector said i need to restore them to factory

cant help with pedals

but i have available for loan

r33 s1 drivers seat

r33 s1 rear seat

stock airbox with snorkle

stock springs

stock inner gaurds

stock smic

and there may be a pair of 17" compliance tyres in the shed somewhere to

• 2 weeks later...

Mods - with the amount of people being stickered these days for rediculous things such as "your tyres/rims are too big, your pedals are illegal", it would be a great idea to sticky this thread. It will become damn helpful, not only for those who need to get their car over the pits, but also for people who may need to test a part, i.e. coil packs may be playing up so someone might want to borrow some to test.

Sticky sticky sticky

+1 for stickey.

Also have stock parts if anyone needs to borrow them.

1x stock bov

1x stock air box moded to fit around front mount cooler piping

1x stock intercooler

all stock cooler piping

1x stock airbag steering wheel

1x exhaust silencer that slids inside your exhaust tip

:blush:

for the guys in the south, i got

set of stock rims with reasonable tyres

set of stock springs

set of stock injectors

non m spec stock front bar (slightly modded)

stock exhaust but needs a little bit of repair (small welding job)

stock air box

stock ecu

Hey guys this sounds like a good thing to do, though im curious.. what happens if say you get caught, have to go over pits with everything all back to stock standard, then put all the "illegal" stuff back on, then get yellow stickered again. do they keep a record? do you get in trouble? or just do it over n over again?

Cheers.