SAU Community

Can I Borrow For Pits Thread

Hanaldo

majority of cars on the road dont have stock rims do they? but pits can tell u to put stock ones on to pass..

my experience: the guy at the pits said to me i need permits and then goes on to tell me there is a 2 month waiting list.

meaning: if i dont put it back to stock, by the time i get permits and fix a few other things, high chance car would be un registered.

not all mod's are 'illegal' per say, u just need permits and depending on which inspector u talk too, they will tell you some police officers will hand out yellow stickers wether u have permits or not.

in saying that, now yellow sticker is off im looking into getting some permits - the way i see it, the engineers should be a bit happier to give me permits without a yellow sticker on my window :banana:

Edited by Char

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends where u are located tim, i got a set im lending out but im in warnbro. also phenline may be using them, just waiting for him to get back to me

Got a set of stock R32 wheels with pirellis and a set of R34 stock wheels with Ling Longs at the shop Tim :(

Ahh wicked man, if I could borrow a set of those sometime next week it'd make my life so so so much easier.

Also Pal by springs do you mean you've got the whole suspension unit/thing or just the springs? Since I've got a set of stock suspension with lowering springs but I'm looking for the most stock suspension I can possibly find after today's "you are not allowed hard suspension" talk from the pits. Or, if you've just got springs man, my old suspension's preeeeetty useless so I'd be happy to donate my bits to form an entirely stock set of coilovers for people to borrow =]

Cheers,

Tim

ive only got the springs, my old shocks were stuffed. phenline is borrowing my rims and tires this weekend so mine arnt available at the moment.

i need set of 18/17 wheels and tyres preferably matched to pass pits before wednesday 14th

i have a full set of standard struts for r32 gtst too if anyone needs them

contact 0423 187 115

cheers guys

i ask for 17/18s because of my low exhaust clearance, trying to get the car sitting as high as possible.

Edited by doony

^^ dont make much sense dude

set of 17/18's? what on? an r32? why do u think ppl ask for stock rims? u cant always pass pits with rims to big/too wide.

also if ur worried about rim size for exhaust clearance, ur car is too low.

Oh ok cool Pal could I borrow your springs then man? Since lowering springs=fail...

Also will you want to hold onto anything of mine while I've got 'em? Since I mean... You could in theory have my coilovers, but that'd mean I'd have to change it all over pretty much on your driveway.

no problems, phenline didn't need the rims and tires either so they are here too. dont need to leave anything, just please bring them back. send me a pm of when you need them

^^ dont make much sense dude

set of 17/18's? what on? an r32? why do u think ppl ask for stock rims? u cant always pass pits with rims to big/too wide.

also if ur worried about rim size for exhaust clearance, ur car is too low.

my coilovers wound up are higher then standard items and exhaust is the only issue, because of its poorly made design its sits low. all good for flow etc. but it just sits way to low. if i could afford another catback exhaust id more then happy throw money at people to do this.. but i simply dont at this time being unemployed and let off from my apprenticeship..

• 2 weeks later...
my coilovers wound up are higher then standard items and exhaust is the only issue, because of its poorly made design its sits low. all good for flow etc. but it just sits way to low. if i could afford another catback exhaust id more then happy throw money at people to do this.. but i simply dont at this time being unemployed and let off from my apprenticeship..

I have a 2.75" catback off my 32 that is lying around doing nothing. Welcome to see if it sits any higher.

Aslong as you bring it back.. UNLIKE THE GUY I LENT MY FRONT BAR TO :)

i see what u mean as i saw u few days ago and ur car was so low the exhaust was sparking as u were driving down the road :happy:

my teins also can go higher than stock, but they fail u on anything that is adjsutable that wasnt adjsutable factory, soooo (depending how nice the inspector is) adjustable coilovers prob wont pass dude, if u want to borrow full set of stock r32 ones let me know.

Edited by Char

• 1 month later...

lol shiiit pits fail u for not having a ash tray?

well ive borrowed things from this thread and i dont have much to lend out, but ash tray is a can do haha

u can take mine for a bit as long as i get it back mate :P

fling me a txt