SAU Community

P/no. For R34 Pollen Filters

TokyoTaxi

Hi,

Did some searching but couldn't find exactly what I was after so........

Does anyone have the P/No for the R34 pollen filters please ?

Pulled mine out today and they are FILTHY !! :)

Pic of the filter elements I need.

post-2420-1252745668_thumb.jpg

Pic of the frame it goes into ( if that's any help )

post-2420-1252745704_thumb.jpg

Pic of filters.

post-2420-1252745725_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

I'd like to know the part number too.. my friends GT-T has the little pic of the pollen filter showing on his display so I think it could be indicating it needs a change?

Yep, they are behind the glove box ( remove the white panel to get to them )

post-2420-1252903253_thumb.jpg

1 screw is a little tricky, but the rest is easy as.

BUT

When you call up Mr. NISSAN and get a price on the replacement paper elements, you get a response that goes a little like this......

Each filter element is $130.00 and has to come from Japan. :P:laugh::P WTF ?!?!

Me: You're kidding right ? Him: No, that's the price per filter. It seems insane considering it's just a paper filter element. Me: I agree. I think I'll give it a miss, thanks.

So, off the supercheap I go to find a substitute. Best I've come up with for the short term is the following:

I grabbed one $20 Ryco air filter element and a very sharp knife and 15 mins later I wound up with this :D

post-2420-1252904204_thumb.jpg

Will investigate a better options as time allows but for now, this works fine.

Don't recommend doing this engine air filter trick. They stink ! Have washed the original ones and putting them back in. The new OEM ones are charcoal impregnated. Still trying to find a suitable replacement for a sensible price.

Meaasure the size and thickness and ill see if i have anything at work that may do the trick

Awesome, Thanks.

The housing that the filter fits in measures: 255mm (Long) x 95mm (High) x 30mm (Deep)

Closest ones to this I've been told about are from Ryco: RCA107P 242 X 99 X 12mm & RCA119P 235 X 93 X 22mm but I don't think they'll fit well enough.

Cheers.

i think that coopers may have a listing for cabin filters... i'll check next time i'm at work..

failing that, check on www.blitz.net.au and call just jap, i seem to remember blitz making cabin filters at one stage...

Yeah, I'll call the boys @ Just Jap. They might have some useful info. Cheers.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, I'll call the boys @ Just Jap. They might have some useful info. Cheers.

Any more updates on this? I'm kinda thinking it must be time to check/fix mine - but not at $130x2 ..

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

Any more info regarding a good and cheap substitute?

No way am I gonna pay $100+ for a cabin filter. Highway robbery.

Is it possible it shares the same design with other Nissan cars?

• 4 years later...

Hi All,

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd share this info for anyone interested...

R34 cabin filter part no: AY684-NS002

I ordered this from www.rhdjapan.com, cost about $28 for the two filters and $15 postage to Aus

http://www.rhdjapan.com/nissan-oem-air-purifier-and-carbon-filter-kit-ay684-anti-pollen-r34-bnr34.html

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2016-01-27 at 10:57 PM, BNDAIR said:

Hi All,

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd share this info for anyone interested...

I ordered this from www.rhdjapan.com, cost about $28 for the two filters and $15 postage to Aus

http://www.rhdjapan.com/nissan-oem-air-purifier-and-carbon-filter-kit-ay684-anti-pollen-r34-bnr34.html

Yes very much interested... thank you very much for posting. I'll be ordering a set as well. 

Happy Motoring... 

• 2 years later...
On 28/01/2016 at 4:57 PM, BNDAIR said:

Hi All,

I’m bringing up a old thread but I’d like to mention that the item that you linked us to looks like a pollen only filter.

the other type is pollen, odour and allergy filter. Costs a bit more but it filters out more contaminates.

you can get them here

http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/cabin-pollen-filter-suit-nissan-skyline-20gt-25gt-25gt-25gt-p-2034.html