SAU Community

R34 Turbo Cams In Na R34

gabzr34

I looked in to this when i first bought my 34GT . From memory, simply put - by replacing your exhaust side cam gear with the GTT or aftermarket one, you can acheive a good power gain. Not 100% on the settings as to retard or advance it, depends on the driver's preferences really. Look forward to hearing from more people's experiences...I never went ahead with mine, still got the cam gear sitting on my desk!

They should be fine. Again, to retain your VCT, you should leave the intake cam gear untouched and replace only the exhaust side. I havn't had enough experience with them to recommend anything, but I'm sure there's someone in the N/A section who can clarify.

Tomei pon cams to suit the neo head will drop into the NA neo head. These cams are designed to retain VCT so you only put an adjustable gear on the exhaust side for tuning.

The stock cams between the turbo and na neo heads have the same duration and lift (according to tomei), so if you mean switching to "turbo cams", make sure they are aftermarket neo cams.

They'll fit but they are less aggressive than the NA cams so very little point.

Usually the reverse is done, people usually fit the NA cams into turbo motor

that is what i thought. i know that guys with turbo SR20s often put in the NA cams as a cheap, basic upgrade