SAU Community

Location Of All Coolant Hoses On Rb25det

ricsvtr

Hi just wondering if someone who has a good knowledge of the RB25Det can list the locations of all the coolant hoses. The reason I ask is that I have a possible coolant leak and I am trying to locate the leak. The hoses Im aware of are -

Top & bottom radiator hose

4 x heater hoses

Small elbow coolant hose located at rear of engine (turbo coolant feed??)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Here are the diagrams for all coolant hoses EXCEPT 2 more which are also under the manifold and attached to some kind of weird device near the oil filter.

I have had these diagrams for while - but have only now taken all the by-pass hoses off from under the manifold. It's a pain of a job, took out the starter motor to get some access from underneath.

post-23086-1254608963_thumb.jpg

post-23086-1254608975_thumb.jpg

Just a quick note that the 4 heater hoses are probably best to get genuine form Nissan due to the very tight space and bends required. In a temp job you could by-pass the core if required.

The rest can be generic hoses - you will need one 120degree or at least 90 degree formed 19mm hose which is short (for part 14056N - above diagram). The rest are 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4inch generic hose like Gates.

Edited by simpletool

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

thanks simpletool, did mine today after finding a massive split in 14056NB piece [source of all my water loss] . Such a pos job pulling the intake manifold off though. I think you also need a piece with a 90deg. of 1/2" for the top outlet oil cooler (weird device ontop of the oil filter) to the T piece above the starter. I got away with a normal piece of 1/2" adding one of those spring clips to the bend to stop it collapsing.

Also grab yourself some PBR Rubbber grease, it really helps when trying to get a stubborn pipe on and also that small section behind the head for the turbo water feed. While your at it I would also replace all the clips with worm clamps and use a socket to do them up(alot easier than struggling with a screw driver).

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Old thread but has anyone been able to replace the little 90 deg rubber hose at the back of the engine leading to the turbo carrying coolant?

What is the easiest/quickest way without pulling off the intake manifold.

Do you need special tools or just miniature hands hahah.

• 1 year later...

Old thread but has anyone been able to replace the little 90 deg rubber hose at the back of the engine leading to the turbo carrying coolant?

What is the easiest/quickest way without pulling off the intake manifold.

Do you need special tools or just miniature hands hahah.

Bump, any suggestions as the best way to tackle this hose ?

I'd say take off the top half of the manifold and then you should get it. I managed to get it with a Greddy copy manifold, I'm not saying it was nice, but it was do-able. So all you would need is the gasket that goes between the two halves of the manifold, and to just take a bit more time to do it

I've never done it like this, its just a suggestion

• 2 years later...
Here are the diagrams for all coolant hoses EXCEPT 2 more which are also under the manifold and attached to some kind of weird device near the oil filter.
I have had these diagrams for while - but have only now taken all the by-pass hoses off from under the manifold. It's a pain of a job, took out the starter motor to get some access from underneath.
post-23086-1254608963_thumb.jpg
post-23086-1254608975_thumb.jpg

Mind pm me that picture! Can't see it properly :(

• 2 months later...

Yeah I can still see them clearly by clicking.  Those pics would have been on my old computer which was thrown out years ago.  Sorry :(

FWIW the only thing I had to remove was the starter motor and I replaced all the hoses under the plenum, the one to the turbo behind the plenum, the hoses to the heater hose valve, the valve body on the firewall, the hoses from the valve body to the heater core.  so yeah every hose.  

For most hoses I used universal hoses with 90deg and 135deg bends from Repco/supercheap.   Used genuine hoses from block to heater (4 hoses) and I think one of the 135deg bends up near the front of the plenum near the fuel pressure reg. 

• 6 months later...
On 11/06/2017 at 2:17 PM, simpletool said:

FWIW the only thing I had to remove was the starter motor and I replaced all the hoses under the plenum, the one to the turbo behind the plenum, the hoses to the heater hose valve, the valve body on the firewall, the hoses from the valve body to the heater core.  so yeah every hose.  

Hey mate, old thread, but I'm attempting this job soon. Just for absolute clarity, are you saying you replaced this hose in the video below by attacking from beneath the car? You only had to remove the starter? Appreciate further clarity and/or advice if you have it! :)

Cheers