SAU Community

Scr48 First + Only!

Hi SAU'ers

Just thought i would post this thing up for something to do... Im only really new to the whole cars and imports stuff got the R33 a year ago and sorta been trying to what i can here and there. Dont know all that much bout cars but very keen on learning and consistent troll Skyline forums to get new info and just read up about general stuff... So here goes

Bought car from Japan. Won it at auction at the start of June... 4 months later the whole ordeal was finished and i got it registered.. was a great day !!!

import1.jpg

import2.jpg

OriginalInterior.jpg

drive it around for a few weeks then decided to pour some $$ into it and get a FMIC, cat zorst, EBC, BOV and it already came with a turbo timer. Also decided to freshen up the inside gave it a white dash along with getting new gear + handbrake boots...

MyCar1.jpg

MyCar2.jpg

MyCar5.jpg

Skyline-14.jpg

MyCar10.jpg

Drove it around like this for a while then decided to DIY my own grill which was alright for a while but ultimately failed !

Skyline-01.jpg

Skyline-04.jpg

After about 6months of owning it i blew the stock turbo and picked up a second hand R34 turbo to put it in.... also got a ViPec ECU for it aswell and got it tuned.. Make 187rwkw's on 11 psi

Then started to get over having the white dash and having to clean it all the time i went back to black.. on and also got picked up by the boys in blue for atmo BOV so got a plumbback one installed [pitty i didnt have stock one lying around]

IT.jpg

I havent really dont anything to it for quite a while except get a new stereo in that i havent got pics of.. however thinking of painting the rims black as they are just crap anyways so might aswell have black crap =] =]

Anyways just thought i would post it up for some feed back

nice number plate, hahaha :P

what's your next mechanical mod you have planned?

I really need to finish the Zorst. Also tossing up between getting either a new turbo or sending my to Hypergear for a highflow [seems a good cheap mod] but not sure

looks tidy, thank christ you got rid of the white dash :(

lacks one of tristan's SAU stickers but :( hahaha

I agree.. i have been meaning to get one for a while lol =]

finish the exhaust, i'd say. then spend some time to take it to the track a couple times, then you should figure out what you want out of the car. drag, drift, circuit work, daily, more extreme daily, bunky... then work on the rest of your mods from there :(

Edited by turael

Attacked the indicators with tint spray

Indicators1-1.jpg

Then finished and back on car

Indicator2.jpg

Indicator1.jpg

Also after finishing the indicators it was time to take the rims of and paint them black.. Gave first coat last night..

Rim2.jpg

Rim1.jpg

Also thought i would add a pic or two of my mini workshop...AKA unit garage!!

Garage1.jpg

Garage2.jpg

• 3 years later...

After an epic thread dig, i guess i should really update this thread and start logging some info for what has happened over the last few years. Unfortunately picture content is pretty minimal.

My next modification was completing the exhaust. It was at this time i was quite into the drift pipe look and decided to got in that direction. 3" turbo back exhaust with a highflow cat to drift pipes. I also picked up some PPQ's along the way [since Sold]

Plates.jpg

After driving it around for quite some time as a daily with stock turbo etc i decided it was time to get more power and looked into possible turbo upgrades. After a month or so of research I ended up going with a Hypergear SS2 turbo from Stao, the results guys were making with these seemed really impressive for what is essentially a bolt on kit. Once the turbo arrived i booked into see my tuner and get the ball rolling.

As always happened with my "Old" workshop complications arose. The tuner had not had much to do with the hypergear range and was really against me putting this on the car and was telling me it was a cheap "China" turbo and it would last very long at all. After several discussions with them and Stao i was able to work out a deal where i could return it to stao for a partial refund. I have no doubt the turbo was fine and would have done exactly what Hypergear advised it would, however at that stage I decided it best to stick with my tuners thoughts and something he is more comfortable in tuning.

I was then able to pick up a GT3076 for a pretty good price and it came with a custom low mount manifold and dump pipe. Turbo had seen Dyno time only i was told. Car got tuned and was making 340rwhp at 21psi. As his was the fastest car id driven at the time i thought it was a rocket. was really responsive and was good in and around the streets.

After driving he car like this daily and in truth a bit to aggressively often, I ran into dramas and damaged the head. So car went back to the mechanics on a tow truck and after a quick look over we decided to send the head away for some work and also upgrade the gaskets and get some head studs put in.

come forward to Powercruise 2012, This was the first time me or my car had seen the track. I was a little nervous as i wasnt sure exactly what to expect. I didnt enter any of the proper events and just took part in the cruising sessions but it was enough to get me hooked. It was by far the most amount of fun I'd had in this car since i bought it, specially as i had a few mates out there as well in there own cars. The event was a good eye opener as to what power a lot of the guys are making in the car scene and i quickly noticed that what i thought was a reasonably wick car was in fact a slow pig hahaha. I got a few scalps for the day but also got toasted by a fair few cars.

This is where the thirst for event more power hit me & i was on the hunt to find my next modification.

Updates to follow

I then went to Powerplay in Feb 2013 still with nothing more done to the car, it was a bit more fun of an event as it wasnt as crowded and due to the time of year being so hot the crowd was small. we got a lot of track time and hardly had to line up at all in the cruising sessions

Car ran really well and I had put a set of 275 semi slicks on the rear which help a lot with my traction issues through 2nd gear.

But again it wasnt fast enough to satisfy my cravings so it was again back to the drawing board for my next move.

In the months leading up to May Powerplay 2013 I got a call from my mechanic at the time who said they are having a trade stand and would like a strong showing from their customers there. Mechanics then provided us with carports for the day in pitlane if we entered and bought our own entry.

I'd been looking into a flex fuel sensor for some time and after a bit of research i found that the Haltech sensor will work with the ViPec ECU of mine and it was decided that this was the next best step for my car.If regards to sourcing the fuel, due to my location there was no pump e85 within 80kim of my house so i decided to begin with i would buy a 200L drum of Sucrogen E85 to get this car setup [Not cheap unfortunately]

After the tune the car was making 450rwhp on 25psi, this was an extra 100rwhp of power with only a fuel change and 3 more psi. The car felt like a totally new animal, the mid range it was making was awesome and I couldnt take the smile off my face.

We went to Powerplay in May and had an absolute ball. Pitpass would definitely be worth paying for next time round as you just have free range during the cruising sessions to go out there. With the extra power the car held its own against alot of other cars. Even toasted my fair share of GTR's which is always satisfying in a GTST.

Again as always i came away from the event thinking of what i could do next to get this thing even quicker.

Over the next few months i ran into some troubles with the car missing and i always wasnt overly happy with the tune and felt it was running overly rich. It was at this time that i decided to make the move to a tuner that was a bit closer to home and after a few discussions with Clint [#RandomHero83] and speaking about his experiences with Richard @ All Star Tuning in Brendale QLD I decided to make the leap and give him a call to see what he was like.

I also decided to start sourcing my e85 from the United servo in Crestmead QLD, had a few mates using it for a while and they were all pretty happy with it so that was good enough for me. The process of getting this fuel for me is to take 5 20L jerry cans down and fill them up and bring it back. Then I tip it all into my 200L drum.

After lengthy discussions with Richard i decdied to book the car in for a retune and get his thoughts on where the car is. I dropped the car off and it was ready the next afternoon. Car made 450rwhp at 22psi. Richard also stated that the car was running some really strange fuel ratios and was running extremely rich and he just needed to trim some fuel and touch up a few other things to get it running right.

The different tune was definitely a lot smother with the power delivery and was a lot better to drive than before. After speaking with Richard he suggested that the next realistic step is to upgrade the turbo, however the standard rb25 bottom end will only hold out so long. It was time to put the thinking cap on and see what direction I wanted to go