SAU Community

Scr48 First + Only!

that engine looks sweeet

looking good man, your car has had quite the transformation over the time you've owned it

Thanks Bodo!

certainly has come a long way now i look back on it. I havent been without my share of problems either which is all part of the process. I just hope that once the correct manifold arrives that it will be on the road shortly after.

Still currently looking into Fuel System setups and not sure exactly which way i want to go with it.

Correct manifold turned up at All Star on Friday. Im hoping they can attach everything get the motor in and tune it so its ready for a downshift meet on the 28th. Going to be a tight squeeze

Ultimately im chasing a 700rwhp car. However the big limiting factor at this stage is the fuel system as I only have an intank Walbro 460 E85 pump. So I'd say the tune will be till thats maxed out. Maybe the 550-600hp mark?

Whats your thoughts on this external setup Lith. Is this surge tank too big?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aluminium-fuel-surge-tank-5L-polished-AN-fittings-pump-mount-filter-hose-/160854062552?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2573a635d8&_uhb=1

Despite the cost, I have to say that I like the 3 x bosch 044 fuel setup. You can never have enough fuel and for 700hp your gonna need as much of it as possible.

I think that even after considering the costs it may be worth it:

If you were to build one yourself it would cost approximately:

3 x bosch = $450 (at least)

lines + fitting = $100-$150

fuel surge tank = $350

There is $900.

the only limitation is that the item for sale is already used and and not sure about condition.

My 2cents 4 ya Scottie

Its certainly the setup i like to Ants!!.. Richard seemed to think that my intank pump should be at its limits but handle the flow. But if i was going external he is a fan of the 3 pump system compared to the 2. It might be worth just stumping up the $$ for it.

Whilst speaking to Richard he said that the car should be ready by Friday but wouldnt guarantee it, not till he has got the motor in and started it up at least. Manifold has been put onto the engine and the turbo package needs some massaging for the housing and manifold to fit perfectly. Hopefully the motor will be in either tomorrow or Wednesday

yes, there was a few year gap there, a lot was done during that time just didnt document it.

Car has some BC coilovers, Its has a NPC single late button clutch & standard diff.

Unfortunately i only bought thenew clutch about 2,000kms ago so is pretty much brand new. Not sure if it will be able to handle the new power output

Dropped into All Star today as I was in the area and thought I'd check the progress. Good news!,!!!

Motor is pretty much back in. It's in just need everything connected up.

On the list for them tomorrow is dump pipe and cooler pipping, new injectors and rail in and fuel regulator. Tune on Thursday is planned

th_IMAG0240_zps7550d105.jpg

What are you going to do with the alternator to support the fuel setup? The Walbro 460 by itself draws huge current, using that and three additional 044's would be massive overdraw.

After discussions with Richard, Ive decided not to go with an external setup at this stage..

Gave All Star Tuning a call yesterday to see how the car is going. Richard advised that the 2000cc injectors are too tall and wont fit due to it fouling on the Plazmaman plenum. we have re ordered some shorter ones and due to this ive downgraded to 1200cc. Its not my ideal result as i really wanted 2000's but it will certainly do the job for now.

Car came back from the exhaust shop on Friday and Rich said the dump/screamer setup is really a work of art and the screamer runs quite long and down with the exhaust.

Cant wait to have a look. New injectors should arrive today and they still have to connect the odd fitting here and there and re-locate the power steering fluid etc

New due date has been set for this Friday.

why is everyone set on bosch pumps when there are other pumps in single form that will outflow those 3 like the holley electric and the likes....

1 lift pump and 1 of those support 1076whp in my car on E85

Got a link to this pump Damo by any chance? I agree with you, I think the bosch is an outdated pump but ppl use them cause they are tried and tested. I'm all for trying new age gear lol

Interesting that the 2000cc injectors won't fit?? What injectors and rail? I know Mat (34GeeTeeTee) is using ID2000's with his Plazmaman plenum without issues, but he does have a Neo and HKS fuel rail. But I would think there would be a better solution than having to downsize?