SAU Community

Scr48 First + Only!

Ok thats too many posts without pictures. Here is a few showing the cosmetic changes the car has gone through of late. Ive added a new body kit to this car along with a roof spoiler

33JDM2_zps66dc549a.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

I was then looking into a flush boot or new rear spoiler option. After a fair bit of ebay and google love i stumbled across this and thought it was work a shot. DRAG WING

6_zpsfc3bcf75.jpg

After a few quick emails back and forth i had made a purchase and i was interested to see how it would turn out. Once the spoiler arrived i decided it best to vinyl wrap it with some left over Carbon Fibre wrap i had lying around

IMAG0048_zps85802ff5.jpg

IMAG0049_zps14e9d7c1.jpg

IMAG0050_zps840ea901.jpg

IMAG0053_zps825881f2.jpg

IMAG0052_zps65f32ada.jpg

And nowq we come to the present day. After talking a fair bit with Richard & Clint I've decided to purchase a 30/25 setup that Richard took out of a customers car quite some time ago and has been siting in storage since. I ended up getting a really good price on it so could hardly say no. All i need for the motor is hot side upgrades as the motor comes with a cheap china turbo.

I've been lurking in the FI section for a while tossing up between the HTA options or Percision turbos. I pm'd a few of the guys who are running Percision units as this has been my preference for a while and decided on going a 6466. Powertune have these in stock so it works out really well.

The car is booked in on the 2nd of September to get the work started

Purchased my new highmount manifold and external gate today. Decided to go with the 6Boost single gate manifold. Gate is a Turbosmart 50mm gate.

Nice one mate. Now just one thing.....................

PIX PLEASE!

Nice one mate. Now just one thing.....................

PIX PLEASE!

Once they arrive ill gladly post a picture or several. Turbo choice has been decided just need to raise a few more pennies and its mine!

Turbo bought today. Ended up going with a Percision 6466 Dual Ball-Bearing Turbo with a .84 Rear. Hopefully arrive within the week.

Here is a link for those playing at home and are interested

http://www.precisionturbo.net/Street-and-Race/ss/800-1-000HP/details/Street-and-Race-Turbocharger---PT6466-CEA%C2%AE/494

The car has had a huge transformation since purchasing,awesome thread and regular updates bro,good power your making can't wait to see end result after upgrades.

Thanks mate. Was a really good base to start from. was a high grade 4 import from memory. Im just spewing i didnt take more photos of it over the years. Hopefully some goodies arrive this week

Worth a mention that after an SAU Happy Laps day a few weeks ago, car started the breakdown 3/4 of the way through the session. I thought it was just a spark or coilpack issue. Gave it a rest and fiddled with it a little trying to get it to pick a cylinder back up but no good. I putted it home and left it there till it was going in for the engine swap. Once the car got to the mechanics and they had a look at it, number 2 Cylinder ended up letting go. So the motor was pretty much dead.

Lucky i already had organised a new one!

Ill be popping into All Star Tuning tomorrow and see the progress and take some pictures

After some texts back and forward, it seems this manifold is taking longer than first thought to get here. Manifold & Wastegate should be arriving Monday & Tuesday respectively.

I also decided to purchase some 2200cc injectors as my 740cc just wont cut the mustard to make the power I'm chasing.

Fuel system is my biggest barrier at the moment.

Few presents arrived yesterday which got me rather excited

IMAG0211_zps6a6042ce.jpg

IMAG0208_zpsd27c91bb.jpg

It was time to unwrap the goodies...

IMAG0213_zps05ccf406.jpg

IMAG0214_zps0cdb8bb9.jpg

IMAG0209_zps620ba153.jpg

After a quick inspection i incurred a problem..

IMAG0218_zps7965b97e.jpg

IMAG0219_zpsa6ca345f.jpg

Somewhere in the order stages of the manifold there was a mis-communication and it has a T3 flange instead of a split T4 flange that the rear housing has. I range and spoke wit hKyle from 6boost who was quite happy o help out and he said he would fab up a new manifold and send it direct to Richo at All Star Tuning so its their by Friday. I have also organised the one i have to be sent back.

Whilst speaking with Richard yesterday i got some time to take some quick pictures... here is a poor quality one of the engine bay minus an engine..

IMAG0220_zps4e268cc9.jpg

Richo was also able to get one of his staff to clean up the new motor after being in storage so long and shining up all the chrome etc. Here it is awaiting for the hotside to be finished.

IMAG0215_zpsef5d999f.jpg

IMAG0216_zpsa282c0dc.jpg

IMAG0217_zps02fbc252.jpg