SAU Community

Hks Twin Plate... Rebuild Kit Or Just Replace?

Tocchi

got a HKS twin plate in my 32.

doesnt have much power, 278rwhp 13psi (stock turbo)

seemed to be fine on the dyno on thursday,

yet started slipping chronically (in the later stages of the day) on saturday (drift comp) ... it struggled to get back into the pit bay :S

tried the car yesterday, seemed to be a tad better (only slipping to 3000 rpm ish). but it still slipping.

what could of caused it to slip?

i didnt really ride the clutch, didnt really clutch kick much, but i did hold the accelerator flat down when i spun :P

so, whats easier/cheaper ...

1) hks rebuild kit

2) new plates

3) upgrade to a different clutch ... been told i can get a OS Giken Triple Plate for $1800

Rebuilding can be cheaper, NPC performance clutches rebuilt my Nismo clutch for me, you can give them a call if you want, I posted it up there.

Be warned that many mechanics won't like your car been around the workshop for a week if they can't move it...

found genuine NEW HKS twin plate, friction plates for $378 delivered. i just need to work out if my current friction plates are PRO or MAX .. or can i use either??

ill be dropping the box this week, do all the work myself, so i wont need to worry about emo mechanics :thumbsup:

found genuine NEW HKS twin plate, friction plates for $378 delivered. i just need to work out if my current friction plates are PRO or MAX .. or can i use either??

Also interested as I have a HKS twinplate that needs rebuilt but not sure what it is exactly.. couldn't figure out if it's pro or max..

Tocchi, where are those new friction plates from?

for one the gd pro's only came in triples..... the gd max came in twins. honestly not worth rebuilding with just plates due to the factory of the flywheel is gonna have hotspots all over it from slipping the ceramitalic plates. a proper hks rebuild kit will come with a whole new caged assembly with the plate inside and a loose plate for the flywheel side. been there done that 6000kms lata its slips once again. i do have alot more power then u tho near on 550 atw. if u want a good clutch rebuild without being a cheapskate as most ppl are either go to jim berry and get his custom setup carbotic plated twin plate guaranteed u wont slip that. and or direct clutch heard sum good things from them also