Splitfires + hks sparkplugs

R34 Crossmember with custom engine mounts and brackets

4 puck Exedy racing clutch

KAAZ 2way lsd

Custom tailshaft (made by me)

Suspension/brakes:

8/6 JIC FLT-TAR coilovers, body adjustable

NP Racing steering knuckles

NP Racing offcet 20mm rack spacer (effectivly simulates moving the rack forward 20mm)

My own modded s14 LCA's

S15 brakes front and rear

D2 castor rods (about to be scrapped, Cazman ones on the way)

Cazman traction rods

Cusco rear camber arms

Cusco toe arms

Modified subframe and raised up

GTR rear sway bar

Hydro handbrake

Braided brake and clutch lines

Wheels:

17X9.5 +3 front

18X9.5 -7 rear

Body:

Origin front bar

Origin front guards +25mm

Origin rear overfenders +50mm

Vertex rear bar

Seamwelded and AM Performance Roll Cage.

Expected power: roughly after 280-300 rwkw.

Manifold in pics below is just a crappy Ebay manifold... not the finished AM Performance manifold. this project is not yet finished and is a little while off yet, i will update it as i go.

Copy past from ns.com

I'm bringing back an old Drift car from SA... and this time its going to be driven properly and harder then the previous owners did :cool: This is Madcaps old car and i plan on building it and driving it into something more of an animal that it was back in its day :down:

For those of you tuning in late.... i used to be into sprinters (owned 3 of them) then got me a ceffy from Darren Appleton. which i absolutely loved. going to longer wheel base really suited me and i threw this car around like all f**k... even won a comp in it and it was the most basic set up car you could ask for... had coilovers... lsd... 200 rwkw and that was it lol.

then i got the 32. spent some time and money on her and it was also an awesome car.... served me well so reliable and i still have it too! was so so so so much fun to drive and i never broke anything on it.

needed to buy a house... this meant selling a car... could not sell the 32 so i sold all the parts off it and turned it back into a street car. bought my house and the drift bug was still there so i built up my daily KE (didnt need a daily any more cause i got a work van then) the KE turned into a bit of an animal and came out quit well. However every time i drove it i just wasnt happy with it or my driving. i kept changing stuff but i got to the point where i realised that the snappy nature of the KE didnt suit my driving style.

soooooooo.... i sold it! took a week to sell and i couldnt believe it haha.

6134_1115920731312_1025781561_30289119_6583636_n.jpg

image0272.jpg

yes my shed looks like a bomb site atm... thats another work in progress also.

the gay blue is going... it will be painted ATC red (same as my rolla and jakes car) All Type Crash and AM Performance will be backing me and expect decent things! got an RB25 with a 3037s turbo kit, high mount manifold, hks gate and screamer happening.

image0461.jpg

image0290.jpg

image0294.jpg

image0295.jpg

image0303g.jpg

image0324.jpg

image0325.jpg

image0326.jpg

image0327v.jpg

image0330.jpg

image0335.jpg

image0337.jpg

image0338.jpg

image0339.jpg

image0340.jpg

image0341y.jpg

image0342.jpg

image0380.jpg

image0388.jpg

image0389g.jpg

image0390.jpg

image0392.jpg

image0394.jpg

image0401.jpg

image0402.jpg

image0415.jpg

image0424.jpg

image0460k.jpg

New radiator and Cooler mounted now

anyway, got the rad fitted, and fits sweet as. i ended up having to trim a section out of the top rad support, theres a stack of room at the bottom for clearance but not much at top in terms of fan clearance. However once trimmed, now there is :P

image0483.jpg

image0480.jpg

image0481.jpg

image0482q.jpg

image0488.jpg

image0487.jpg

Nice work mate, shame you got rid of the KE, that was the nicest preped KE's I have ever seen.

Hope you have success with the s14 as you did with the 4 door!

Have to bring her down to vicdrift!

the KE was awesome fun both to drive and to build. However i never felt comfortable driving it. i think i much prefer the longer wheelbase style drift and missed driving the 32... So instead of building the 32 back up (as i still have it) i wanted to go with an s14, as they are a better chassis then the s13 and 32's. plus parts are everywhere. Should be fun as hell!

• 2 weeks later...

Done some more... car is even more stripped now lol but getting there, all rubbed back and ready for paint work, Paint will be done next weekend hopefully so decided to pull the glass out to make it easier to paint + cage work also.

image0503.jpg

image0502.jpg

image0504.jpg

Drilled the holes for riveting on the guards. took a bit of time to make sure it lines up ok. gonna look pretty good and flush once its done :)

image0497.jpg

image0498l.jpg

Made my own tailshaft too with the help of Scotty rowe who machined up a sleeve for me. its basically cut and shut together as the s14 front section of the tailshaft is 450mm from flange to uni center and this just so happened be the exact length i needed for the RB25 box, so we cut the s14 yoke off and machined up a sleeve with a step on it which was a tight fit for the tubing, knocked it into the shaft and then knocked the yoke onto the sleeve so its all dead straight. then ran a weld around it.

this is pretty much how i did the one in my R32 and also jake jones Sil80. no issues at all and dont worry about balancing since its such a short shaft.

image0496.jpg

image0505.jpg

Massive thanks to Paul Sil-014 and Scotty Rowe for their help in the past week,

Thought you recessed the rad a bit to avoid the clutch fan from inadvertantly jamming it. I am doing a similar build with an RB26DETT swap and I am wondering whether I should have just trimmed and mocked up the rad before I sent the car to the paint room, damn!!!!