SAU Community

S14 With Neo Rb25 Drift Car.

How did you go on the last car with the turbo being so close to the paint? Did it melt anything? I know you had the metal heat shield fitted but did you have any issues? Mine looks to be closer to the tower so i am a little concerned.... I got a blanket/beanie or whatever you call it but not sure how long it will last! :huh:

more pics.. manifold is done.. its a very high quality item from Garage 7. whole lot of trickery has gone into it and every runner is the exact same length. collector is laser cut and a few other little n eat things like the fact that i can install the whole thing using just one spanner. no custom cut down tools needed! excuse the finish... i painted it with VHT flame proof paint for now.. will get it ceramic coated soon. but after this up comign event next weekend

20120323153019.jpg

20120323154816.jpg

20120323154840.jpg

20120323154853.jpg

20120323154915.jpg

20120323161224.jpg

Edited by Simon-S14

That is awesome. That right there is the difference between a $400 manifold and a top quality manifold.

Love this thread. Between your awesome wiring, those engine covers, that manifold, and all the other goodies, this is a great read.

thanks mate.. comments like that make it worth while haha.. we have done some serious hours on this car lately... trying to get it all finished and ready for a hill climb event next weekend (something non drift related!!)

did cooler pipes today, now i can weld no worries but havent had much alloy practice turns out i defo need more prac haha. i designed the pipe work and got Decs from garage 7 to weld it for me after i got frustrated with not being able to pull a decent weld haha.

heres another pic.

20120324171218.jpg

its the same car man :P

yeah the manifold burnt the paint off the strut tower... i wrapped and ceramic coated the shit out of it all but still got hot with the hard time i gave it

Yeah minor lapse in brain function there :P i meant new build LOL

Its certainly looking the goods, cant wait to see how it performs... If its anything like your last setup it should be crazy :thumbsup: Its come a long way!!

another solid 7 hours spent on it... been crazy the amount of work that i have put into this along with Decs from Garage 7. got ready to get it all started and straight away as soon as i put oil in it noticed it was leaking like a mofo from the rear main seal... arrrrg thats so annoying! is a brand new seal too and i was carefull putting it on too. so f**k knows what the go there is.

anyway primed it up.. took 2 solid mins and 2 batteries of cranking with plugs out to get oil flowing thro everything and pressure to build, i was worried for a min there. Soon as pressure was up i plugged in the coilpacks and injectors and then went to start it and it fired up straight away! i was shocked haha. needed a tad more fuel to idle smooth and once that was done it starts and idles better then it ever has and its not even tuned! base map is pretty close i reckon haha. Sounds AMAZING!

20120326191149.jpg

20120326211711.jpg

20120326214514.jpg

20120326214524.jpg

well.. as it turns out the rear main may not be leaking after all but the rear of the head/cam cover, dripping down thro the bell housing.

another solid day/night of work... have spent pretty much 3pm til 10pm every night including whole days sat and sundays working on it... feeling rather drained and burnt out but its very close now... should be ready for tunes on thursday. So far its promising... sounds f**king unreal!!