SAU Community

S14 With Neo Rb25 Drift Car.

• 2 weeks later...

Spent all weekend on the cart prepping it for Calder park coming up. Basically needed to fix oil leaks and stuffed rack bushes so I went up to garage 7 and ripped out the cross member, rack and sump. While it was all apart I had planned on upgrading the oil pump gears with reimax gears for reliability, couldn't get any in time so went with spoil billet gears.

Anyway pulled oil pump out and found the housing was scored to hell. The spool great was also way too loose on the crank collar with clearances about 20 thou on each side. Max allowed is 11 thou. So that ruled that out.

Only quick solution available to us was to fit a complete nitto pump. Garage 7 had one on the shelf luckily. Measured clearances with collar and was perfect.

While the sub frame was out I got Decs to cut and reposition the rack further forward. Came out mint, chucked some new rack bushes in and re sealed the sump and put it all back together. We also fitted a 3 bar map sensor and did some fiddling with the boost control to avoid the over boost cut issue I was having.

Just need a touch up tune and wheel alignment and I'm set