SAU Community

S14 With Neo Rb25 Drift Car.

Grate write up from the event. I have been hanging to read all about it as I refuse to use Facebook and people only seem to talk on there, otherwise you wait months to watch it on DVD.

Do you think that not running any form of bov has caused the turbo failure? I know most people diss like them but a $50 part may prolong a $1500 part. I fitted one after my Garrett shit itself.

One thing that worries me doing a mainland trip is having something go wrong with the car. You can't carry a whole cars with of spares.

Keep it the good work.

I can't believe you blew up a 25 box, that mustn't happen every often? also what killed the turbo, just extended high temperatures cook the bearings/rear wheel?

Sucks to have two major things go like that, sounds like you have a blast either way though!

Edited by Rolls

• 2 weeks later...

time for an update... first heres some pics and vids from calder.

in car of Ben purtel.. thought it was a good vid cause it really showed the speed of it all and the amount of smoke my car generates haha

38249040369330300058114.jpg

another shot with me and Andrew Constatine from Tas... this was during prac session sat morning before my turbo blew. chased him 3 times like this.. first time i tagged his rear bar and you can see my corner light is missing as a result haha

Update time: prepping for WTAC mainly.. that will be the next outing for the car. Diff is getting overhauled and new 4.3 gears. the New motor set up struggles a bit to turn 4.1's with sticky tyres which is why i blew 3rd probably. need an overhauled gearbox and then the motor is probably coming back out for a full check over also. fun times ahead.

Simon, great driving! Ur car is fast, shit!

I pitty that SR gearbox, struggling in 3rd and clutch kicking all the way.

Btw, wtf with the sky roof in the vid ? He has glass roof ?

Hey, Simon!

What tires and sizes did you run before ? And what tires do you run now ?

What about tire pressures before/now ?

And grip levels, and forward bite feelings comparo if ya can ))

i usually run 255/40/17's in Achillies ATR sports or Federal 595. for calder park i tried some of the new Achillies 123s in 265/35/18 pressures usually around the 25/30 psi mark but i actually had to run the 123s higher at 45 psi just to get a decent drift going.

the amount of grip and speed with the 123s is huuuuuuge!

man i would rock the shit out of a holinger if i could afford it hahaha. cheapest i have found 2nd hand floating around was 11k and thats before cost of adaptor plates and shit.

as for motor.. watch this space

VQ30 would be pretty cool though. But need a lot of attention to intake and exhaust manifolds. They are f**king mess.

Although VQ35 shit would bolt on and strokers, cams choice is abundant. With a really big 6-speed VQ35 gearbox.

It would be indestructable drivetrain. Not sure about the engien though.

You could get a VQ35 gearbox bolted up to RB, Simon. Won't be very difficult and that gearbox is huge. RB or JZ Getrag looks like small kitten near that monster.

Also + for better weight destribution with VQ30.

Edited by robots