SAU Community

S14 With Neo Rb25 Drift Car.

yeah that would be awesome haha,m cheers for the heads up on the cam gear i'll check that next time i have to pull the front apart. could well be the case but right now im pretty sure its the diff ratio.

tacho is stock s14 tach. works.. just reads wrong.

i dont think the output of the neo ecu would be strong enought or be putting out the right frequency to run the s14 tacho. the r34 tacho is controled by its own ecu so its not like a conventional tacho.

does the neo loom have the link to hook up a timing light like the rb20 and 26 do? if so id tap into that and run an am tacho. any decent auto electrical place that does gauge work would be able to make the tacho work with a vdo unit.

thanks mate!

im a little peeved atm.... my mate just made 296 rwkw with same turbo, same sized gate, on a s2 R33 rb25 with better power up top, where as my neo comes on earlier and harder. lol im not seriously annoyed but its interesting to compare!

he has no vct and an RB20det inlet cam in place thats the only difference

praccy day run and done.... only lasted 3 laps before issues. IO knew there was going to be heat issues with a high mount turbo so i bought some of that expensive heat sheathing stuff that you slip over your pipes and wiring. not cheap at 60 a meter and what do you know.. it doesnt work too well. The wiring loom for the oxy sensor melted together and shorted out which killed the engine out on the track. lucky was at the start line when it happened. so got back to the pits and sorted out the loom, was worried more was done and thats why it wouldnt start.

once i unplugged the oxy sensor it started. so we thought all was good. repaired the wiring and relocated it well out the way then started it ready to go out again and noticed it was only running on 5 cylns

checked all coil packs first up unplugging them one at a time with the motor running and found number 4 not running. pulled plug and pack out and tested for spark and that was ok... only thing left was fuel and we couldnt test the pulse for injectors at all since no one had a node light. pulled the CAS out with motor off and slowly turned it by hand and counted the injector clicks, only 5 clips per cycle.... hmmmmm

checked wiring loom and went down to the ecu area and and soon as we stuck our head in there could smell that dreaded burnt circuit board smell... pulled it out and opened it up and sure enough.... a burnt transistor and injector driver for number 4 so that put an end to the night :laugh:

over all happy with the car, just need to fix the binding issues at lock and change the diff ratio and it should be sweet as! Jeff thinks he can repair the ecu so fingers crossed!

couple pics from my 3 only laps.

img8239m.jpg

22237_296593861606_571001606_3983806_4447884_n.jpg

img9508s.jpg

DSC_8030copy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6O7hVcDme0

Edited by Simon-R32

ey man i just read your thread and watched your vids looks like so much fun im only 16 at the moment but i definley wanna get the no how and skill to drift 1 day looks like sooo much fun.. and loving the s14 looks sexy.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my derlin bushes and rear knuckle bearings in now... ended up doing them myself cause a few shops didnt want to touch them (derlins are very hard material and dont go in easy like poly bushes) had to press them in and use a vise to squeeze the knuckle bearings in.

all in all shit loads better then the stock rubber shit so should be good to see how it goes!

Massive thanks to Cazman for devoloping and manufacturing these parts. if your after some they are available through Cazman.

img0044dq.jpg

img0043nr.jpg

img0042ka.jpg

img0039b.jpg

img0038oi.jpg

bit of a set back now :laugh:

manifold is off being modded and also we're getting it ceramic coated.. also wanted to do turbing housing so i took that off and what i found was not pretty :D turns out something must have gone through it and turbine is damaged... kinda explains the lack of power also... also glad i caught it now rather then have it explode mid thrash!

08032010001.jpg

08032010002.jpg

take note of the missing chunk!

08032010003.jpg