SAU Community

S14 With Neo Rb25 Drift Car.

its designed never ever to blow off or seperate under pressure, most ppl just cut the flange off the afm and slip on 3inch hose on each end. but theres no lips on the AFM so the potential is for it to slip off.

EDIT: roll cage steel in now.. starting that monday, with some luck we'll have the whole cage knocked up and in the car in one day. heres hoping!

Edited by Simon-R32

lol your on to me!

anyway time for some mega updates... IT f**king RUNS!!!!!!!!!! but not without issues. Started it up for the first time and there was heaps of weird noises. was noisy as hell and defo not a good thing for a first start up but turned out to be noisy listers.... but then this other hell weird noise apeared and was at the front of the motor... that one turned out to be the timing belt walking off the cam gears and rubbing on the covers. NFI why but i suspect a bent idler bearing stud or bent tensioner bolt...

image0796.jpg

image0795.jpg

image0797.jpg

image0798.jpg

image0799w.jpg

image0800q.jpg

image0801.jpg

image0802.jpg

image0803.jpg

intrusion bars in. no hacking of door trims to fit and yeah... worked out well! really happy with the cage over all, some of the spots were a bloody prick to weld and having never done a cage before it was a real learning experience for both of us! I cant say im in too much of a hurry to do another one lol. I may add to the cage soon but for now this will do. I plan on putting a camera platform and harness bar in it but im out of material atm.

Andrew wishes to let people know of his email address change, his new address is [email protected] for all your fab needs.

image0811r.jpg

image0812.jpg

they are always going to be a hassle... i didnt want them there but common sense said otherwise. my bars are a lot lower then most people's set ups and we have an s14 in the shop atm with side bars higher then that also. the high side is above the door latch on that one where as on mine its below it.

my elbow hits the bar once in the seat tho... will get some foam on that!

ah dont ask...

dyno was eventful thats for sure. had hell issues with missfiring, even tho it has mint coil packs and new plugs. plugs weer 0.7 then gapped to 0.5mm so f**k all... must have a weak spark from a coil pack or something. THEN the f**king gate stuck open... disassembled it and put it back together and yeah... started working ok but turns out the gate spring is only 6psi... so it bluids boost way too slow.

slow boost build. missfires and f**k all boost = 265 rwkw.

pretty slow to come on power but pulls decent.

gonna fix this shit up and then retune it.

Oh and DJRIFT my tacho seems to be way out, at 2500 rpm engine speed tach is showing 4K. i wired in a 10K resistor into it but doesnt seem to be doing the job, got any suggestions there mate?

Edited by Simon-R32

dyno went ok... had some issuse with the ebc not holding flat but in the end we tuned around it. Jeff did a few runs and we found that the VCT was causing a massive hole in the map up top... so he moved the change over point to 5000 rpm (stock is 5700) and it picked up a huge gain everywhere, tried going more and even in the other direction and no gains were made. So the larger turbo obviously requires the earlier change over point for its optimal power.

Peak torque is hit at 3800 rpm... nice and early in the power band! some 500 nm of torque available at the wheels right there where you want it.

running 17psi of boost and i honestly think that with 20 psi and a built motor theres still a large amount of room for more power with this set up.

car sounds and goes awesome... dropped the clutch in 1st and it wheel span and then grabbed 2nd and it just hooked up and HAULED. it does feel a little laggy to build boost but i put that to the shitty diff ratio... it has a 3.7 atm and with a 4.3 it will be an animal!! finaly result... 290rwkw at 6800rpm 17 psi

feck. thats good power. the noe engine is the shit. the actual VCT sprocket can also be out in relation to the cam causing lag. some of the race engines we have delt with have been out by a few degrees and once the vct kicks in its out even more. just somthing to look at in the future.

the tacko out put is really weak from the ecu. what sort of tacho are you running? the one ive done had to get a VDO tacho to make it all work sweet as they run off the week pulse.

also for lag you should look into doing this

DSC02056copy.jpg

we will be making an adapter plate and doing the whole fit up to a rb25det in a r33 in a few months time. keen to see the results.