SAU Community

How To Report Online Fraud

For evidentiary purposes it is extremely important that you keep all the original emails/private messages in your email inbox until the investigation has been finalised.

Step one:

Gather these details:

• Name of online company (In this case Skylines Australia)
  • Seller's user name
  • Seller's name
  • Seller's address
  • Seller's telephone number
  • Seller's BSB and account numbers
  • Seller's bank account name
  • Item reference number (provide a link to the original thread on SAU)
  • Item description
  • Date funds transferred and exact amount

Step two:

Send me a PM with the details of the matter so that we have a record of any bad traders. I shall issue you a complaint report number.

Step three:

Before you can make a complaint to the police you first need to determine what police jurisdiction the offender lives in.

If you are reporting online fraud and the seller resides in Western Australia the please follow part (i) of this section. If the seller resides outside of Western Australia, then please skip to part (ii).

(i) With the aforementioned details gathered by you in step one, email the Technology Crime Investigation Team.

[email protected]

(ii) With the aforementioned details gathered by you in step one, visit this website and click on the corresponding jurisdiction that the offender resides in. Then follow the steps given to you via the police site from then on:

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/crimePrevention/eCrime/internet/report/03/

You will be contacted by the relevant police in due course and may be requested to submit further information.

Step four:

Once the matter has been resolved, please ensure you contact me with the details so that we have the transactions on record in case of future disputes.

Please remember that for evidentiary purposes it is extremely important that you keep all the original emails/private messages in your email inbox until the investigation has been finalised.