SAU Community

Power Window Stuck (electric Window)

i have a r33 gtst s1 and not long ago the electric window stopped working, i have tryed to get it working again but doesnt seem to go up...grrr

so because i have no money i just want the window up and just leave it like that......does anyone know how to manually put the window up ???

thanks

yes u can manually put it up.. just take off door trim and disconnect the glass from the regulator n push glass all the way up..then put a piece of wood unfer the glass to hold it the the upper position, just for a temporary fix

i think it may have been covered by archaeic bloke, and by the way good effort mate!!!

anyways just wanted to add my experience. I had a 1990 r32 gtst once, and the drivers sinde window started working intermittently and sometimes not at all. However, when it was not working it would make a 'click' as you press the button but nothing would happen.

Anyway, i had to take off the drivers side door trim (not hard) and then locate the (what i think is) amp. Its a small black box tucked away amongst the door metal. Since i then needed to get into this box to look at it, i had to cut it open at one end with a stanley knife. you can then pull the circuit board out. Upon looking at the board i could clearly see that some connections had come apart. SO it was a simple matter of re-soldering carefully and then putting it back together.....and it all worked perfectly again!!!

So...if you have the 'click' happening but no upy/downy action then the answer may well be the circuit board in this black box.

goodluck!

• 6 months later...

if you hear NO clicking and NO whirring (my situation) then you're not getting power to the system.

that's whats happening in my 34, i want to get it fixed but wasn't sure what the problem is, money is hell tight, last night was pulled over and got a defect warning about them, im going to go out and look at fuse shortly, my side mirrors are working ( is that a different motor altogether or does it use the same one?)

i've noticed this happening with a lot of 33's but have not noticed any 34's, to PM them and ask.

• 10 years later...

Thanks for the awesome input guys! However, my drivers window goes up and down like it should. My passenger window goes down just fine but will not go up using either switch. If I hook power up to the motor then it will go up AND down just fine. Any ideas?

Edited by OrangeDreamR33GTS
I hear the click for the drivers window in the window amp but not the passenger.

Same thing, just in the opposite direction, no? The motor will go in one direction when you give it power one way, the other direction when you give it power the other way. If it will go one way and not the other, it tends to suggest that the switch that controls the connection of those + & - wires to the motor is up the shit, no?

Generally (or at least usually) with these things, you need both switches (driver's and passenger's) for the passenger's window to work, because they are both in the circuit. When one is giving trouble, the other one can't make the window work.

4 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Same thing, just in the opposite direction, no? The motor will go in one direction when you give it power one way, the other direction when you give it power the other way. If it will go one way and not the other, it tends to suggest that the switch that controls the connection of those + & - wires to the motor is up the shit, no?

Generally (or at least usually) with these things, you need both switches (driver's and passenger's) for the passenger's window to work, because they are both in the circuit. When one is giving trouble, the other one can't make the window work.

Makes sense, I’ll try to clean the switch contact or just order a new switch.