SAU Community

R33 Gtr Series 1, 2 And 3... What Are The Differences?

Hi guys,

As the title says, I am looking to buy a 33GTR, I was under the impression that the series 3 has different headlights to the 1 and 2... sort of more like the series 2 of the gtst... is this the case? or am I loosing my mind.

Also what are the other differences between the series 1,2 and 3 on the R33 GTR?

Thanks for any help.

Off the top of my head..

S3 has Xeon headlights (some may have S1 headlights as some complaince places didnt replace them)

S3 has rear fog lights

S3 has a red stitched interior

ABS unit is different

Front bar has N1 slots and a different lip spoiler

Do a search im sure there is a lot more then this.

Cheers

Johno

• 2 weeks later...

They are the main differences, and also the lower lip.

Heres a few pics of my series 3 that i took when i put it up for sale.

Hopefully this will help you tell the difference between the series 3 and the earlier R33 GTR's ;)

post-54322-1257333850_thumb.jpg post-54322-1257333886_thumb.jpg post-54322-1257333915_thumb.jpg

Edited by KR4-GTR

To me, its only the projectors that made series 3 standout from the earlier ones but you can always get aftermarket ones or even DIY like one guy who did it on SAU. To an untrained person like myself, its like looking at 34gtr and 34gtr vspec. The only thing you can tell are the diffusers, sticker and vspec fins on the diff.

To me, its only the projectors that made series 3 standout from the earlier ones but you can always get aftermarket ones or even DIY like one guy who did it on SAU. To an untrained person like myself, its like looking at 34gtr and 34gtr vspec. The only thing you can tell are the diffusers, sticker and vspec fins on the diff.

Are you referring to the Xenon headlights? The genuine ones do cost serious $$$ :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

hey. sorry to bring up a old topic.. i was wondering if the r33 gtr series has any shape difference in the bonnet through out the series.. just how series 1 and series 2 r33 gtst bonnets are different shape but also have a toller middle frame were it pops up more then the series 1.. thanx