SAU Community

Accuracy of the factory R33 GTS-t boost guage

sloth

I've heard that the factory boost gauge on the R33 GTS-t isn't very accurate.

Is the innacuracy mainly due to the meter, or the boost sensor itself? If the boost sensor is accurate, I thought perhaps I could use a more accurate voltmeter to replace the meter on the dash, as an alternative to installing a pneumatic boost guage.

Greg.

I've heard that the factory boost gauge on the R33 GTS-t isn't very accurate.  

Is the innacuracy mainly due to the meter, or the boost sensor itself? If the boost sensor is accurate, I thought perhaps I could use a more accurate voltmeter to replace the meter on the dash, as an alternative to installing a pneumatic boost guage.

Greg.

I think when people refer to it being not accurate i think because it's so hard to read. Replacing it with a more accurate voltmeter might do the trick, but i can't see that as being better/good as an aftermarket boost gauge.

The measurement unit in std factory boost gauge is not PSI, but x100 mmHg

(millimeters of Mercury at 0 degree Celcius). It's actually written on the std

boost gauge if you look closely.

1 Bar = +/- 750 mm Hg

1 Bar = 14.5 PSI

Hence +7 on std boost gauge is 700 mmHg or about 13.5PSI

I have the Nismo aftermarket dash cluster, but it is still in x100 mmHg,

only the speedo that goes up to 300km/h (like I'm gonna ever reach it...)

as mentioned its not inaccurate like people say its just hard to read

is your tacho inaccurate? is your speedo inaccurate? no they're not and neither is the boost gauge

on the r32's the gauge is easier to see and read :cheers: but still a bit of a bitch.

remember aftermarket gauges attract theives so keep that in mind when wanting to add in stuff...

Waz.

also the factory gauge is way slower to respond than the autometer mechanical gauge im using, eg... you cant see boost spikes on the stock gauge

i was thinking of wiring up the apexi boost sensor (from avc-r) to the stock gauge, to see if if becomes more reponsive,

will have to use some adjustable resistor in series to get the right voltage signal

as mentioned its not inaccurate like people say its just hard to read

is your tacho inaccurate? is your speedo inaccurate? no they're not and neither is the boost gauge

on the r32's the gauge is easier to see and read :D but still a bit of a bitch.  

remember aftermarket gauges attract theives so keep that in mind when wanting to add in stuff...  

Waz.

lol, interesting question, both my tacho and speedo read high by about 10%

but, out of interest, what use is a boost guage?

lol, interesting question, both my tacho and speedo read high by about 10%

but, out of interest, what use is a boost guage?

The boost guage is the best thing i have installed. On the these hot nights, i turn my boost controller down and i get 10psi, then i can fiddle back at any time and get more psi, so easy, i love it.