SAU Community

R32 Gtr Bodykit On A R32 Gts-t

Lanky r32 gts_t

hey guys i was just doing some reading on here to see if some ones has done this before cant really find much grr i am thinking about putting a gtr kit on my gts-t and was wonding if it a straight bolt up i am fitting gtr front bumper side skirts rear bumper and wing with these bolt straight up ??????????

Edited by Lanky r32 gts_t

Front bar is pretty straight forward to go on. I've been trying to find out about the skirts in the cosmetic section, but havn't found any answers....as i want to run gtr skirts on my gtst

how different are the GTR side skirts and rear bumper? I can not see much of a difference... But the front bumper looks MEAN!!!! i would love to get my hands on one of them... if anyone knows where i can do so or how much it will cost please let me know =)

Cheers!

From what I can see on my car, wing is straight bolt up once holes are done. Front bar should fit with no problems I reckon. Depends on the flaring for the guard mount point, same goes with rear as the GTR guards are flared a fair bit more than gtst’s.

Only part that I can see that need some cut and welding is the bonnet latch for the GTR bonnet. It appears about 2 – 2.5” shorted than the GTST one (compared my one to a mates gtst bonnet latch.

Only way to be really sure about front rear and skirts is to find someone with a GTR and do a test fit :-P

Ok i can answer this one 100% as i have done it all to various cars.

going from a 100% un touched GTST to a GTR kit. some bits may not be nessasary due to how modified your car may be anyway.

Front bar. the front bar reo is different and the GTR bar wont fit without doing 1 of 2 options. Buy a genuine GTR reo bar. or cut a section out of the lower half of the front of the Gts reo bar. most people do this the gtst when fitting front mount inter coolers anyway.

the points at the rear of the bar wont screw on very neatly due to the wider front guards on the GTR. to over come this i have drilled or elongated the holes in the reo bar so that it sits further forward. this pulls the sides of the bar in nicely and it all lines up. but the inner guards wont fit 100%

GTR bonnet. it bolts on to the standard bonnet hinges but you need to get a GTR bonnet latch assembly that bolts between the top and bottom of the radiator support panel. the GTR latch sits about 60mm further in than the GTS bonnet latch. most people selling GTR bonnets nower days sell these at the same time. once you have the bonnet on you will also need the Grill to finish the look. but be careful as some models of the Gtst dont have the provision the hold a GTR grill on

GTR rear bumper. there is no difference in the rear bumper.

Rear Pods. GTRs dont normaly have rear pods ( the bit that goes on behind the rear wheel) but a lot of they time they have a trust style one. this will fit to a gtst ok.

Rear wing. they fit no dramas but it is usually easier to just buy the whole boot lid with wing on it.

side skirts. the genuine GTR side skirts are only pretty minimalist they are also 2- 3 pice depending between N1 or not. the only problem is the short section that goes on the front guard as the front guards kick out wards a lot in the lower section where the skirt would be fitted. because of this a Gtst skirt wont fit a GTR without a bit of work.

GTR guards (if you do them) are a simple bolt on. but like above the skirt has to match the bulge in lower part of the guard.

hope that helps.

if i was you id be going for the GTR front bar grill an bonnet and rear wing. and gtst (also know as a type M kit) side skirts and rear pods.

if the budget allowed get the GTR front guards as well as they look tuff.

• 2 years later...

Dead thread revive. Sorry.

Just wondering - got a Type M GTS-T, that seems wider than normal GTS-T's.

Are the rear GTS-T Type M guards the same size as the rear GTR guards?

If not - how much larger are the GTR Guards. I can't get a definitive picture of a stock GTR and stock GTS-T in the same position to gauge differences - but they look really close.

Anyone able to elaborate?

they are noticeably wider. i would say 40-50mm each side wider. some colours show off the lines of the body moreso and do make some gtst look wide.

easy way to tell is wheel size and offset in regards to fitting within the guard.

they are noticeably wider. i would say 40-50mm each side wider. some colours show off the lines of the body moreso and do make some gtst look wide.

easy way to tell is wheel size and offset in regards to fitting within the guard.

Cool.

Thanks mate.

I guess my options are: GTR Steel guards and get them welded in - pay for some expensive custom mix already rare factory paint.

Or.

Fibreglass GTR Guards, rivet, more fibreglass, some bog, then some expensive custom mix already rare factory paint.

Happen to know prices? Places where I can nab the Fibreglass guards?

I'd like to go all metal - but Fibreglass is cheaper, and can be just as nice as steel ones if done right.