SAU Community

Why do people hate the R33?

It just seems almost universally unpopular...

I mean people go on about a weight difference of 3% (R32 1,480kg and R33 1,530kg) like it rendered the car undriveable... but the 1,540kg R34 was welcomed like the second coming of Christ.

Am I just paranoid or do people really hate the R33?

Whoa, whats with all the Skyline bashing.........on a Skylines forum!?! wtf is going on here. :D

Personally I love my R33, albeit a GTST. My personal opinion, others like the r32 or r34 better, good for them. The fact is we all drive a car that we like........ I really don't care what others think......

R33's still beat the piss out of any locally driven car. The fact its a Nissan means it holds bootloads of credibility and I would argue for it vs most locally delivered cars at a dinner party.

Theres just too many on the road filled with kids.

I saw one yesterday with the 'commodore arm' hanging out the window.

PEOPLE-please keep your arms inside your Nissans.

pentae, i see a shite load of "kids" in s13's too, but that doesnt stop me from liking them any less.

Word!

i see more teens thinking there in a gtr in silvias than any other nissan by far

mainly cos there the cheapest and easily obtainable, by far there are way more silvias and 180s on the road than R33 gtst's

the silvia really is nothing special :D

-Love the R33 anyone who doesnt is one of the two;

Jeolous.

Has a better car, ie R34

Nuff said

I hate the R33 because theres too many gtst's of them around on the roads with drivers thinking they are behind the wheel of a GTR.

:confused:

i think you mean theres many people driving gtsts who drive like ****ing morons!

R33's still beat the piss out of any locally driven car.

hmm i dont know about that, but they look a lot nicer than nearly all locally driven cars.

i like r33s but since the rare-ity has decreased so has the excitment of seeing them on the road. now i look out for 360 modenas :D

my r33 only came in at 1420..... go figure

I think the original poster was referring to the weight of GTRs, which are of course heaver than the GTS-t's. (my R33 weighs 1400 +/- 20, with two thirds of a tank - about the same as yours)

Greg.

i think some ppl don't like the R33 because they think Nissan went a bit "soft", mostly in terms of the styling i guess... (I'm mostly talking Skyline owners here - ppl who love R32's & R34's but don't really rate R33's)..

And then there's the tall poppy thing... the people who reckon there's too many around... "oh no I'd never buy one of those, they're as common as Commodores these days"...which is bollocks, count how many Commodores you see in 5 minutes on a busy road, compared to how many R33's ;)