SAU Community

Why do people hate the R33?

For the record I never said there was more skylines than commodores,

Nor did I say the R33 was ugly!

Nor did I say everyone should be driving S13s! :D

I dont really hate the GTS-t, its just the weakest link in the skyline performance family. NOT the GTR variant. I was driving around in an R33 GTR in 1998.. Thats back when they cost 90k and even gts-t's where too expensive to bring in, and the niche market certainly wasnt the under 25 crowd.

What where you guys driving back then? Had most of you heard of the r33 back then? ;)

Those where the days.. not a skyline to be seen. Clear, open roads.. most v8 drivers not knowing what the hell a GTR was.. even WRX drivers would get a little ****y at the lights.

I'm partial to the R32. For those who say the "R32 is too old now" who are driving around in '93 GTST's.. did you know that the r32 was continued until '94, and some where registered as late as 1995? that makes the car under 10 years old and you can find many fine GTR examples in japan with less than 35,000kms on the clock.

Of course they cost as much as an r33 GTR :)

hi all :D

i feel very disapointed that people are bagging the R33. I love the look of my boyfriends R33, and so do most other people by the amount of head turning we achieve. I also love driving it, and will drive it over my R31 any day! it handles fine with stock suspension. His R33 has not had any problems so far, and alot of mods have already been put on it. I think that all nissan imports look sexy, (even without bodykits) and most imports in general look hot. Of course every one has different tastes in cars, otherwise it would be boring with only one model of car on the road!

in my opinion....appreciate all imports, they are more exciting to look at then any local car!

yeah mines a september 1993 R32 :D

Goji... my sig hates r33's, but my sig also hates my car too lol. Wait till I put an RB25DET in my car this Jan, then my sig will only hate R33's... but then it'll have a heart of an R33 in which case I'm gonna have a moral crisis.

I dont really hate the GTS-t, its just the weakest link in the skyline performance family. NOT the GTR variant.

really? I thought that would have been the non turbo variation. Think of it this way as far as the overall picture goes, an S13 would definately be rated lower in the Nissan performance food chain.

It just seems almost universally unpopular...

I mean people go on about a weight difference of 3% (R32 1,480kg and R33 1,530kg) like it rendered the car undriveable... but the 1,540kg R34 was welcomed like the second coming of Christ.

Am I just paranoid or do people really hate the R33?

The weight difference, I believe, is 10%! (R32 is 1250kg., R33 is 1390). I'm not EXACTLY sure of the figures, but I do remember that it's about 140kg.

I don't think people hate R33's - yeah, you are just paranoid.

someone no owning a cool skyline :D in my current job and moeny i ern i would choose the 33 gts-t its mordern vs 32, its cheap vs gtr, its got features vs other cars and its looks fine, with a kit. if i had to get a 32 it would be gtr and @ my age insurance is a problem although im not denying it wont be heaps in the 33gts-t, again its modern and cheap and a skyline ;).

Wow someone that actually likes my skyline..................... I love you  :inlove: .

hahaha lol that's classic, i think SuperGimp has found a friend. friend?? FRIEND! :inlove:

r30 sedans are cool but dunno about those hatches :D

i like the r32 over the r33 beacause of the r32 racey look.

Dont get me wrong the r33 still looks shmick.

noticed on the tradingpost web page, r32 gtst averaged $20,000 while r33 averaged $15,000. what with this or was i looking at the wrong time :slap: (i love this smilie)

here's the usual type of r33 hater comments that you will usually hear, usually said by fools to try and look cool.

"r33s are whales / boats"

"if you buy one you're just a sheep following everyone else"

"r32's are so much sexier than those ugly r33s"

"if i had to choose between the two, i'd take a 32 over a 33 anyday"

"r33's are just poser cars, if you want a performance car get an r32"

"the only r33 i'd ever drive is a gtr, but i'd still rather a 32gtr"

why? people who hate r33's for these reasons are stoopid, probably because they cant own one themselves, and the people saying this have never owned one or even a 32 to compare anyway. u just say 'yeah i agree r33's are sh1t'. now the coolest car to have is a cefiro, if you have one everyone will want to be your mate, they are boats but wait they are cool right? somebody's gotta like phat cars :D. Also look at the barge asses on stock S14's, soarer's, i still like them though, but they are overlooked the 33's seem to cop it. i like all skylines 32's included. but yeah you do notice a bit of a trend against 33s, i guess some people just like talkin :bs!:.:headspin:.