SAU Community

Why do people hate the R33?

lol i can afford an r33 gtst, yet I bought an R32 gts and yes I am upgrading its internals to an R33 GTSt. And yes I have made every single one of those comments in the past, cept maybe that poser comment, it sounds too fast n furious for my vocab.

Its like asking sum1 to choose between a new mustang and a Shelby GT500... my personal preference says Shelby GT500, even though its older, outdated and less powerful.

You may not have to come to terms that some people might not see your car as godsend but please don't patronise or mock my intelligence on behalf of my personal tastes. I would simply choose an r32 over an r33 because that's the way I feel. Most people you'll find are biased, they don't hate your car, most people on this forum view all skylines as equal, and under the bonnet they mostly are.

Pantae: All of the R33 range comes with digital climate control as far as im aware, ive never seen nor been in one that hasnt.

and even if the r32s were continued to 1994, they were continued unchanged.

The r33 interior and general mechanics are newer/more engineered compared to 32s.

As for power to weight?

SR20DET has 153KW stock, at 1200kg = 7.84kw per KG

RB25DET has 187KW stock, at 1400kg = 7.48kw per KG

Very little difference.

There all good cars, but at the end of the day, if i had the choice between r32, s13 or R33.

I know which ide choose :uh-huh: :uh-huh:

ive seen sum really nice R32s and ive seen some really nice R33s

but then i have seen some really ugly R32s and R33s

i have always luved R32s and thats why i own one

yea i got it dirt cheap but i still wouldnt have got an R33 over the R32 unless it was a GTR

i luv all GTRs its just the GTS's where i prefer one model over the other and i would have to say i perfer the R32

im a small guy and i feel so much smaller in a bigger car thats just another reason i prefer the R32 :D

and to be quite honest im not a huge fan of all the modern interiors i prefer something simple, straight, not too many different panels just something basic

i think is far from a VN commonwhore i luv the idea of have just the indicator on a stalk and the rest on the console i cant stand an over crowded stalk

just my 2c

and even if the r32s were continued to 1994, they were continued unchanged.

The r33 interior and general mechanics are newer/more engineered compared to 32s.  

As for power to weight?  

Very little difference.  

why did u use the SR20 not the RB20 here?.... i think i'm getting lost in this thread... too many people worried about what everyone else thinks rather than they're own personal preference....

lets revell in the fact that we all have twin cam multivalve turbo 6's, 4spot brakes, decent suspension, power everything and a set of tail lights everyone this side of a ferrari is jealous of.

oh, & some of us have an electronic front spoiler (lol)

why did u use the SR20 not the RB20 here?.... i think i'm getting lost in this thread... too many people worried about what everyone else thinks rather than they're own personal preference....

Not only that, but both the weight and power figures are wrong. One other thing too - I think you meant kg/kw not kw/kg cos we'd have some ridiculously high powered cars with the figures you listed :D

Anyway, iIt's 184kW and 1360kg (using the 93 GTS25t weight cos that's what I have).

This makes a ratio of 7.39kg/kW - which still illustrates your point anyway :).

As for power to weight?  

Very little difference.  

There all good cars, but at the end of the day, if i had the choice between r32, s13 or R33.  

I know which ide choose  :uh-huh: :uh-huh:

Who ever leaves there car stock??? Its like some twit saying the Rb25det has more protential then a Sr20. To those people who think that, they haven't driven a car with serious balls. Both motors have the protential to be undrivable.

I've seen a subzero 180sx fry its wheels in 3rd and a s15 fry them them thru 3rd to 4th while both cars are all over the road. Witnessed a r33 almost take out a guard rail after they gave it a boot @ 120km/h. In addition, a mates r32 gtst with rb26 has no problem smoking the wheels @ 120

Anyway, this topic has been played out too much. We all know a R33 looks like a Magna. :)