SAU Community

Why do people hate the R33?

The R33... it has completely dominated the Wangan Expressway  & Yatabe Speed Trials. It's funny how people forget it was the most popular car in the MID NIGHT CLUB!!!!!!!!!!! It's the proven top-end cannonball GT-R.....yes folks, "hold the f**k on".

With outdated technology by today's standards, in 1996 at Bonneville salt flats it was the two way average World speed record holder with 233.217 mph/ 375.32kmh (Previous record 219 mph), with its fastest pass at 383Km/h!!!!!!!!!! Compared to 313.32km/h in the R32 GTR!!!!!!!!!

Set a lap record at Nurburgring with bugger all power!!!!! Came 5th in GT1 class of Le Mans, and let's not forget it was ahead of plenty of Mclaren F1's.

That's just freakin nuts, especially when they were doomed with the restrictive twin turbo setup. Imagine if they were equipped with the legendary Borg Warner EFR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They would of come first mate and one day if I win the lotto I will build a complete full-house RB28 EFR build, and then enter into the 24 hours of Le Mans and spray champagne from the podium!!!!!

I shall leave the thread with a quote for those on the path to enlightenment.... "The R32 had excessive front lift.  At Fuji Speedway, taking the high speed 130R corner at speed was scary, according to Kaz Mizuno (later father of the R35 GT-R). So efforts were made in the R33 to minimize front lift - and in that regard, the longer front overhang worked in our favor."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Robocop, I'm definitely with you on that one mate.

f**k, we are definitely on the same page.

And the Nissan engineers would of thought..... let's make the 33 ass-end phatter, badder and sexier....akin to a beautiful voluptuous latina woman with curves in all the right places.

Mate, you're spot on again. 

Like I have said before, I like my cars like my women - sexy and curvy. 

• Like 1