SAU Community

Why do people hate the R33?

arms out of jap cars is just not cool sorry.

There are alot of 33's out there now, nothing compared

to S13's tho. And people bag them?

More 33s means more fools will start driving them, which

means a worse rep. Hopefully this is balanced out by decent captains of these fine jap boats setting the right

example

how can people stick their arms out the window of a 33?? whenever i do that it feels uncomfortable ... too high ... seat too low  ;)

i know what you mean. i go to rest my elbow on the edge of the door and it just feels wierd. then when i jump in the ford it feels as if im drving a monster truck.

i think some ppl don't like the R33 because they think Nissan went a bit "soft"' date=' mostly in terms of the styling i guess... (I'm mostly talking Skyline owners here - ppl who love R32's & R34's but don't really rate R33's)..

QUOTE']

I think Shell has hit the spot. The R32 looks mean and is pretty low cost these days. The R33 looks like a family car, if it comes stock without a body kit. The R34 is better because it is more recent and so would suit a new car buyer.

If you want to build a sleeper though, the R33 is definitely the way to go.

whats the problem with elbows on doors in jap cars? im not talking about having your arm hanging 1/2 way down the door, just elbow resting on door. do i have to sell my jap car if i want to drive like an oz lad?

ps i was after a 33, but i saw a lot around & the 32s feel a little more light & chuckable to me. plus i was after a 4 door & the rear end treatment is a little nicer on the 32s.

bah cheapy teenager s13's put aside ;)

also putting looks aside = R33's GTS-T's are a better car overall IMHO than R32's. You get a better engine & gearbox for starters. I've also noticed that the interior is slightly better than the 32. (materials used)

While where on the topic... The guy who ownes the R33 "GTR-80Y", the one that was in nth syd this mornin with the "Mine's" stickers all over it... NICE RIDE!!!

That's Loz. It's a beastie car. (apart from the boot...)

Well it all comes to personal taste.....

I don't like the look of R32 GTS-t's, but the R32 GT-R with the better grille, headlights and pumped guards looks much nicer...

The R32 cluster is a SHOCKER! Looks like a VN when you are in the drivers seat, which I cant stand!

The R33 GT-R is my fav, I think it looks more aggressive than all of them! R33 GTS-t's look really nice too (except with standard grille, and that really short front bar that came standard)

R34's.... Still think the 33 looks better outside, though the R34 interior is much nicer! The R34 just looks funny/incomplete to me in the 2 door! The R34 4 door though looks nice! I think it looks much better than the 2 door!

Well, that's my personal preferance....

Oh, and S13's are butt ugly.... and the S1 S14 front end too!

So if people with S13's think R33's are ugly, it don't bother me none, coz in my opinion, R33's look the goods, and S13's are off chop! Especially the bland interior they have too....

See..... everyone has their own opinion! ;)

The only reason i see there being a problem with so many R33s on the road is that it doesnt do much for the re-sale of your car.

Its a good thing that so many ppl have picked up on the value the R33 represents, and other Skylines.

I have seen more tossers in R33/S13/R32 then just about any other car with the exception of perhaps the Cordia turbo, where it seems compulsory for them to drive like grounded space cadets. Probably because i pay attention...dont know, but theres not much you can do to control the actions of others.

They probably look at me and think im a tosser, i know my friends laugh at my seating position!

Some ppl seem very concerned with the actions of others?

As for hating R33s, i hate Nissan Aus for making us import them, but not the car.