SAU Community

Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap

Charles89

haha yer too lazy to get a stanley knife i got pharyngitis and was like so bored at home decided to give it a go!

thanks for the advice jus hav to decide on what to do next :blush:

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha yer too lazy to get a stanley knife i got pharyngitis and was like so bored at home decided to give it a go!

thanks for the advice jus hav to decide on what to do next :D

Haha, a few more pieces later, you wouldn't even need to decide on what to do, you'll just wrap without realising it hahaha.

Just had some interior bits done on my 34 by Charles. Thanks mate. Top effrot! :D

Cheers pal, glad you are happy with it :(

Let me know when you're confident in doing the tripple gauge holder so I can get you to do my stock one. I'll also get you to do the shifter/head unit surround once I get a stock one in my hands.

Im curious to know if anyone has tried clear coating any of the parts they have covered with the vinyl yet? just interested to know what it would look like

Im curious to know if anyone has tried clear coating any of the parts they have covered with the vinyl yet? just interested to know what it would look like

Yea mate, clear coating the vinyl is not a very good idea.....

Yes it does protect the vinyl, but because the vinyl has been embossed to create the CF pattern, clear coating it will fill all the indentations, which makes the vinyl look like gloss black and the shiny CF effect would be reduced.

Let me know when you're confident in doing the tripple gauge holder so I can get you to do my stock one. I'll also get you to do the shifter/head unit surround once I get a stock one in my hands.

All sweet dude, I'll keep you updated when I re-attempt my triple gauge cover :D

As for the other parts, just lemme know when.

yreah charles did.. its a couple of pages back..
Yea mate, clear coating the vinyl is not a very good idea.....

Yes it does protect the vinyl, but because the vinyl has been embossed to create the CF pattern, clear coating it will fill all the indentations, which makes the vinyl look like gloss black and the shiny CF effect would be reduced.

Must have missed it, i went back but didnt see any pics, are there any pics uploaded?

If anyone on here wants it done properly i have a contact who does professional 100% carbon fiber laminating on oem parts. quality is seccond to none. it is costly but you cannot really put a price on what the finished product looks like, and unlike the shitty copy products off ebay and the shit most stores sell all straight from china it fits just the same as it did before.

if anyone is deadly serious and wants it done, send me some detailed pics and description what you want. can be up to 200-300 for a larger part, and less for smaller parts, but the more pieces i get sent the cheaper it can be. (this price will include shipping back to your door.)

any questions pm me please only ask if you are serious about getting the work done

post-52483-1269321520_thumb.jpg

post-52483-1269321531_thumb.jpg

post-52483-1269321538_thumb.jpg

post-52483-1269321544_thumb.jpg

can also customise standard s/wheels with carbon fiber sporty look and re wrap the leather (can design yourself)

post-52483-1269322191_thumb.jpgpost-52483-1269322201_thumb.jpg

Edited by EXA101

yeah i got the same stuff for a decent price cheaper just so everyone knows there are more options out there with this product and this isnt the cheapest...

goodluck :)

If anyone on here wants it done properly i have a contact who does professional 100% carbon fiber laminating on oem parts. quality is seccond to none. it is costly but you cannot really put a price on what the finished product looks like, and unlike the shitty copy products off ebay and the shit most stores sell all straight from china it fits just the same as it did before.

if anyone is deadly serious and wants it done, send me some detailed pics and description what you want. can be up to 200-300 for a larger part, and less for smaller parts, but the more pieces i get sent the cheaper it can be. (this price will include shipping back to your door.)

any questions pm me please only ask if you are serious about getting the work done

post-52483-1269321520_thumb.jpg

post-52483-1269321531_thumb.jpg

post-52483-1269321538_thumb.jpg

post-52483-1269321544_thumb.jpg

can also customise standard s/wheels with carbon fiber sporty look and re wrap the leather (can design yourself)

post-52483-1269322191_thumb.jpgpost-52483-1269322201_thumb.jpg

Ok now this is getting interesting! So judging by the pics, that is putting a real carbon fibre coating on products? Any way you can share the business name rather than dealing through you? (no disrespect to you, but i'm sure we would like to know who we are dealing with)

That looks suspiciously like the work of Mad Coatings.

From what I've seen in person, they're damn expensive but looks amazingly good.

That doesn't look like mad coatings work. Those above pics look like proper carbon fibre. The above process appears to be what these guys do.

Edited by PM-R33

Here is my nights work with the vent being a fun job, from what I have seen the cheap stuff is cheaper for a reason. I do use sign writing vinyl every day and I have an electronic heat gun with 10 degrees increments so it is a tad easier for me.

Had to do the badges for the hell of it to the extent of each tips weave running a different way.

post-5805-1269362959_thumb.jpg

Ok now this is getting interesting! So judging by the pics, that is putting a real carbon fibre coating on products? Any way you can share the business name rather than dealing through you? (no disrespect to you, but i'm sure we would like to know who we are dealing with)

That doesn't look like mad coatings work. Those above pics look like proper carbon fibre. The above process appears to be what these guys do.

Last year i actually started my own importing business doing High quality Bokykits and carbon fiber parts. not just cheap copies but all of my moulds are made straight off of genuine parts, giving the best acuuracy, fittment and quality to every fiberglass or carbon product which is made. 90% of my parts are pre drilled and only the highest grade materials are used to keep strength and eliminate distortion of the part. It took a long time to source my supplier and to verify the high quality of the parts and moulds they make for me(by trial fitting the raw products) Part of my business is I actually take orders and sublet the (carbon fiber laminating)work to my supplier. i have only just started this business and have not even left my other job yet because i cant find a decent workshop yet and my webpage is only just being started next month. So i cannot give the name of the company because they do not do single orders as they have a min order quantity. As i said if anyone has a genuine interest in getting only the BEST quality work around, pm me. thankyou.

Last year i actually started my own importing business doing High quality Bokykits and carbon fiber parts. not just cheap copies but all of my moulds are made straight off of genuine parts, giving the best acuuracy, fittment and quality to every fiberglass or carbon product which is made. 90% of my parts are pre drilled and only the highest grade materials are used to keep strength and eliminate distortion of the part. It took a long time to source my supplier and to verify the high quality of the parts and moulds they make for me(by trial fitting the raw products) Part of my business is I actually take orders and sublet the (carbon fiber laminating)work to my supplier. i have only just started this business and have not even left my other job yet because i cant find a decent workshop yet and my webpage is only just being started next month. So i cannot give the name of the company because they do not do single orders as they have a min order quantity. As i said if anyone has a genuine interest in getting only the BEST quality work around, pm me. thankyou.

Please do not promote/plug your business or services on this forum again until such time as you become a registered business trader and pay to advertise.

Should do you do so, your account will be suspended.

Thanks.

SAU Admin

Please do not promote/plug your business or services on this forum again until such time as you become a registered business trader and pay to advertise.

Should do you do so, your account will be suspended.

Thanks.

SAU Admin

Sure thing mate, that is why i didnt mention my business name at all.