SAU Community

Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap

Charles89

WHAT?!?!?

You gotta be kidding me right?

We used the same shit at my old work (different brand but looks 100% the same as the stuff im seeing in these pics) to do a bunch of cars, can get it in all different colours, black, silver, blue, red, yellow etc. We bought a few rolls of all different colours (a roll was like 30m) and ended up doing a few cars sub boxes, door inserts (including my own) and for 3 rolls of the stuff i dont remember us paying anywhere near that!

F**k paying that much for vinyl, my god.

Like you said, "different brand", so that's the difference in price.

With the 3M vinyl, it's NOT all about the looks and appearance of it, it's also about the technology they used in the vinyl to ensure that there's no air bubbles.

On the sticky side of the vinyl, theres a grid pattern that's been cut/scored, so if theres air bubbles, you can just push the air through the cut grid and out to the edges.

di-noc-diagram.gif

Unique Comply™ Technology 3M DI-NOC™ Film uses an adhesive system with grid-like channels on the adhesive surface, allowing air to escape during application. Air bubbles trapped between the material and the film can escape along these tracks, making applications to a large and complicated surface easier and ensuring a perfect finish.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here you go :rofl:

cimg1322m.jpg

nice man,

i haven't been one for the clear coat side of things, but i have a feeling that the exterior work would look nicer with a clear coat on it, i dont know why, but just a thought, either way nice job

If only you were in QLD :D

Id love to get the wing stands and pillars done.

Loving the stands on Ashneel's 34

If you don't mind the hassle, you can send them down to me and I'll wrap it and post it back to you for $60+postage back to you :(

But with pillars, I'm sure you can wrap it yourself, I could send you down 2 strips that's enough to wrap both pillars for $40 :banana:

Damn, you're doing all the bits I've been wanting / pining on doing since i saw them on Import Monster ..

I really need to talk to you about getting like a roll or enough to do all my interior bits, sedan b-pillars (twice as much as coupes), etc.

I've just about given up trying to get it through the distributors themselves...

i hate you so bad charles lol, im gonna have to suck it up and just buy some already haha, i have no doubt that everything you cover will be what i wantd to do as well

Hahahaha! Do you wanna give me your postal address? So I can send you a little sample to tease you even more? :blink:

And I'm being serious too lol, I've got a few little off cuts :down:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...