SAU Community

R32 Drag Build (dirty32)

After reading so many good builds i was not getting any sleep and trying to work out what would i do if i had a shell to work with...

The awnser cam to me.. via a r32 gtst.. was in ok condition but my money was tight so it was a great pick up for $1400..

So the work started, before i got it into the workshop. lol

post-54415-1258972081_thumb.jpg

Most of the inside is striped and reddy for the cage just need to get that pain in the ass tar off.. might go down to BOC tomorow that seems the best place for dry ice....

post-54415-1258972139_thumb.jpg

just a few things left and nothing behind that dash planing to see if i dont need to use that wireing loom.

post-54415-1258972248_thumb.jpg

So as Ryhs said i have been putting a list together

Need"

Steel for roll cage

Gtr Fiberglass FRONT BAR

GTR hood (ali)

Gtr grill (bonnet pins insted of latch)

Primer and paint (colour something bright ie lime green or blue)

Fuel cell with a booster fuel pump and a small surge tank with 2 bosch 044 feeding all new lines to the engine bay

New TEIN Super Street Coilover Kit

As it is a drag car i will be fixing up all other componets on the Suspension with a new Bush Kit for the wornout bush's

all redy has a LSD might see how well it will hold up or look into strengthing it.

Next will be saving for a gtst half cut with box send the box off to get strengthend and find some rb 26 rocker covers.

build the engine

Intercooler

Manafold

Turbo Garret T51 are quite cheap on ebay for genuine

greddy plenum

Pwr Raidator and then exhaust to fit the rear housing need to look at rules for muffled or un muffled or flow ect

Seat + harness and new steering wheel

Clutch

This is just a basic list of items needed

im looking at allredy about 23k for all these parts so i expect this build to be finnished new 2011 arround september reddy for the new season..

still thinking about that one with a auto it will make the power through out the run tho with manual i might have a bit of trouble with the cluch there is a C4 auto box out of the ford's and it has a nissan bellhousing and being built for 1800 so might look at that tho i look at more and more drag cars and they have a built auto so this might be the way to go... what might happen is buy a gtst half cut and use that box and untill it dies then replace with the built box..

and it will be a 33 motor tho i still need to read up if a motec or similar ecu can control the whole car not just a piggy back as i want to scrap the whole wireing harrness and dash wires and just make up my own harness fuel will be in a cell so no gauge for that Boost, oil water temp, oil pressure and volts ect will be 52mm gauges and speedo will be off the ecu. Does anyone have any answers for me if i can get away with this.

ah and started stripping the boot with the tar. worked a treat. pix to come

battrery mount in the engine bay was removed and some holes welded up and smoothed..