SAU Community

Lawler's R31

Well I joined up a few months ago but I never got around to posting up on here.

When i first go it

RB25det with broken piston ring

cut springs

stuffed lsd

R31firstgotit2-1.jpg

RB25detfirstgotit.jpg

What I've done so far

Engine

RB25/RB30

RB25det s1 head

NA RB30 bottom end

Greedy style plenum

Stanless high mount

38mm external gate with 6psi spring

T04z with .86 rear housing now going gt3540 with .82 exhaust housing for quicker spooling

intercooler

custom short piping, 2 1/2 inch hot side and 3 inch cold side

3 inch exhaust

50mm alloy radiator

Boosh 044 fuel pump

Surge tank

R33 intank pump feeding surge tank

Driveline

RB25det gearbox

Extrame cushin button clutch

custom on peace 3inch 3mm thick tail shaft

3.89 Weldy now got 3.7

Suspention/Brakes

Front: R34 4potters on 310mm rotors

whiteline springs and kyb shoocks

front nolithain bush kit

Just scored a jap inport steering rack wich are a quicker ratio

Rear: r33 gtst front struts with a coil cut off them on modifyed mounts

Full nolathain rear bush kit

Interior

Both buckets seats installed now

Timex gauges- Tacho/speedo, air/fuel, boost, oil pressure, water temp

Speco gauges- fuel leval, volts

sound deading stripped from the front of the front seats back

stripped boot

Mods in the near future

remaped rb20 ecu and z32 air flow meater

turbosmart boostcontrolar-got now just gota install

s13 extra lock spacers for inport 31 rack

nolithain rack mount bushes

rose jointed caster arms

brass streering sfaft joint to replace shit ruber one

The car

R31.jpg

R312.jpg

Old set up low mount T3T4

RB30DETonstand.jpg

rb30detin312.jpg

Started moving wires, staring to work out new turbo set up, New taillights and bushes and a few other bits

080809162842.jpg

1117091553-00.jpg

1117091554-00.jpg

1117091554-01.jpg

1117091603-00.jpg

1117091603-00.jpg

1116091554-00.jpg

1116091616-00-1.jpg

1116091616-00-1.jpg

1114090826-02.jpg

1114090856-00.jpg

R31newfronbushsin2.jpg

1114090659-00.jpg

R31radiator2.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it has front wheels on it for the first time in 5 months lol. I fergot how much it needs lowering more.

1203091611-00.jpg

Started doing more to the wirring and that then strated thinking its to much efford but Ive already started so may as well finish it

1203091610-00.jpg

Yeah man I will do and thanks for the comment

Well removed some more dodgy wirring not that you can tell much diffrance in the photos and trimed the top radiator hose so as its not rubbing on the TPS

1204091635-00.jpg

well did some more and found even more to do then toke random photos

drivers side relays

1207091527-01.jpg

Jacked it up to take a photo for a mate off the 33 front struts and a good time to grab a photo of the bushs

1207091452-01.jpg

1207091452-00.jpg

this is the full suspention drop bearly higher than standard

1207091451-00.jpg

Next bit of wirring to move the harrness is gona run in the iner geard then out a hole with a rubber gromet next to the brake hose

1207091526-00.jpg

1207091526-01.jpg

1207091527-00.jpg

Well had some spare time yesterday and went and started getting some price for the rest of my suspention/steering set up first lot of price I havnt had a chance to shop around yet but heres what it is so far

Nolithain steering rack mounts $44.95

Nolithain steering joiner $66 (but i Might just make a brass on up)

S13 Tien Tie rods, rack ends and extra lock spacers $250 (to go on my inport 31 steering rack)

Whiteline strut brack $240

Whiteline front swaybar $220

Whiteline rear swaybar $240

5kg springs for rear of Bi6tim $300

Just gota get some price on S13 to camber top

And rose jointered caster arms

Also Just after appionons on my idae for my exhaust.

Ive gota get the dump pipe re-done for the new turbo due to being high mount, diffrant flange and also wanting to get ride of the guttered cat thats welded it to the exhaust so I was thinking of going 3.5" off turbo to about half way along car or to diff (depends ont the price) then merging it back into the 3" fot over the diff and aslo so i can keep using my Redback muffler.

In thery when the exhaust gasse first come out of the turbo they are the hotest and as they flow under the car they get cooler there by shrinking so the 3 inch would be suficen will the 3.5 would flow more when the gass are still realy hot

Well I finaly went and picked up a few of my other gauges so thought I would sit then in the cluster and start working a few bits out with it. Ive just gota take my the colum bits out so I can work out were to put the velcrow for the remotes for the Gauges. This is only a dumby made one thats why its only clear perspex

1217091529-00.jpg

Edited by lawler

nice nice gages man sick,

now with the exhaust larger is better with turbo car, but most only run 3inch etc, so yours going 3.5inch all the way to the muffle/box/cannon 3inch should be fine.

It wouldnt be a noticable difference but maybe a dyno difference, not enough to get upset on buddy,

When you ordering the steering and busshes??

how u going with s13 camber tops??

Haven't ordered or worried about getting more price due to the facted that I dont start my new job until the first week of next month. so once Ive paid back the money into my investment account of what Ive used while I havnt been working Ill be looking a bit more then

bump*

hows chrissy break going, any new pressie for ye red beast?

Na havnt even seen the car sence my last up date. hopfly new parts will be ordered after I start my new job and pay my dad back the money I owe him that Ive borrowed the last 2 months while I havnt been working

Well br33nt gave me the encoragment I need to go do some more work but I didnt end up getting much done due to getting side tracked on a mates car

Well I pulled the turbo off to drill and tap the fitting for the waste gate line and got bord and started polishing the compressor housing. only toke one photo so far when I first toke the housing so will take photos tomorrow when I drill it and how the polishing is going

1223091011-00.jpg

hahahhaha love that vid man, peels fair hard, cant wait to see wat it does with its new build :D

ahhh thats cool dont get into debt over cars lol, lets say this time next month ull be pretty on par to restartin the build ye??

ive been thinkin bout polishn my new turbo housing too, is it as easy as undoin the bolts on the back and take it off?? wont hurt it??

:)