SAU Community

Which Fuel To Fill Up Your 350gt ?

ripstah

Caltex Vortex 98. But any 98 RON fuel is going to be better for your engine than 95 RON premium or normal unleaded. Increased power and or better economy (depending how you drive it) and perhaps even more importantly less sh#tty deposits on your injectors inlet manifold/ head ports and plugs.

Not sure a higher RON value is going to make for a better or cleaner fuel. You can take a shit fuel and add octane booster and it still will be a shit fuel. I used Vortex for a while because it was close and easy but t.b.h. it's not that great. I've had better economy and much better performance from BP Ultimate. If I use anything else after ½ tank the difference becomes noticable.

Yes I agree, I'm using Caltex 98 recently because of the Safeway promotion and only get 150km around the half-tank mark! Used to use Mobil 98 which brought me at least 200+ km.

I've tried Shell and BP - they are both alright, but Mobil seems the most consistent with my V35.

BP 98+ or Mobile 8000 when I'm going for a decent drive or to the track, V-Power for the rest of the time.

Just bugs me that around my area BP 98+ is usually about 15c a litre more than V-Power (plus another 4c if I have a fuel discount coupons from Coles/Shell) and no Mobil stations with 8000 (98RON). Because the V35 definitely 'feels better' using BP/Mobil and gave about 1.1 - 1.2km/l better fuel economy on my Syd to Melb trips according to the 'green leaf-o-meter'... though I probably not advise you take those results as science!

which fuel do you use to fill up ?

BP Ultimate :rofl: ....reason being is that its a cleaner fuel then the rest of them and the only fuel that has a green house tick on this fuel. correct me if iam wrong. it depands on the individual car and their set up.

BP98, Mobile 8000 and Vortex 98 - went to 2 BP stations and both BP 98 were out of order - bone dry i guess so i went to caltex for vortex 98 took 10 mins to reach the pump some people are just stupid these days they look and stare at the pump and fuel type like if they dont know what the hell fuel there getting or its there bloody first time putting petrol into a car...this is while nozzle is in....boils my blood i tells ya!

BP Ultimate always. Had to fill it with Shell V Power the other day and I noticed a slight lack of power, filled back up with BP ultimate and the engine felt more responsive again.

• 1 month later...