SAU Community

The Cops Are Ramping It Up - Leave The Skyline At Home!

Spunky Munky

Hi all,

First and foremost, I got a few mates that work as a police officers. Top blokes and I know most cops do their jobs etc when they're defecting us...and as we all know, the purpose of them 'putting away' as much unroadworthy cars as possible getting closer to Christmas is so that the roads are safer for everyone...I respect that...however, let's face it, unless a Skyline is a stock as a rock...we are easy targets for the blue boys...as a lot of SAU members have commented before, cops think most Skylines are modified - and most of the time Skylines are modified...such an easy target...

Anyway...enough with my ranting...basically, if your car is not stock as a rock, leave it at home (or limit your driving) as most cops have been asked to ramp up "operation RAID." A blitz that will see them try to defect as much unroadworthy cars as they can. So far 6 of my friends who drive Skylines have already been defected in recent weeks leading to Christmas (including myself)...and let me tell you, getting a lenient roadworthy now is even harder than finding a virgin girl beyond 18...

I recently got back to Melbourne and drive my GTS-T back from the workshop after the defect notice was cleared and within a couple of hours, I got search again and given a fine as they find other small things that they thought made the car unroadworthy...

For example:

- front windscreen had some small scratches - they want me to replace it in the new year. I explained to them it's a 16 year old car, they can't expect the front windscreen to be scratch-free and besides, it does not have any cracks or big scratches at all. They didn't care - fix it or we'll get you again! FFS.

- My front inner mud guard has a bit of wear and tear...i.e. it was a bit ripped...let's face it, some of us don't even have one...they said by law if it does not have the mud guard then it's unroadworthy...it didn't matter to them...the car didn't look in good condition so it was deemed unroadworthy...

- I had duck-tapped some of the existing wiring that was left over after I had to remove my side pillar gauges...they said it looked messy and is also a fire risk. I need to fix it by Christmas.

- They complained that my head lights looked a bit dirty. I said I had cleaned them recently and most R33's of this age would have slightly dirty or yellowy head lights...they said it was unroadworthy.

Anyway, they made me wait in the car for like 20 minutes with the likelihood of another defect notice being issued. I waited anxiously and finally one cop approaches me and gives me a $290 fine for driving a vehicle that was still deemed unroadworthy but they were nice enough not to defect me again...so I drive the thing home and have it under covers...I'm scared shitless to drive the fucckaa anywhere now...and have to wait for my GTR to come back from the mechanics after Christmas...FFS...

Anyway, stay the hell off most of the usual hot spots in the West and Eastern suburbs if you want to avoid running into the blue boys...my friend in the police force has advised that they have been told by their superiors to ramp up on defects...so watch out!

SM

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Operation RAID for Remove All Impaired Driver's has nothing to do with defects. I don't know why anyone would need to hand out more defects as they are classed very low as a stat for us. Every boss I have had couldn't care where I never gave out a NOU, they love when I issue lots of fines and apprehend lots of offenders. I also don't see how you can get fine for driving unroadworthy vehicle without being issued a Notice of Unroadworthy that's very strange to me.

i have had a few friends fined $292 but no defect handed out also.. if you have a rwc how can they slap you with a notice of unroadworthyness? may as well take our cars to the local police station to clear defects by the sound of things..

:cheers: victoria the place to get d!cked..

- front windscreen had some small scratches - they want me to replace it in the new year. I explained to them it's a 16 year old car, they can't expect the front windscreen to be scratch-free and besides, it does not have any cracks or big scratches at all. They didn't care - fix it or we'll get you again! FFS.
Think yourself lucky - many years ago, every RWC would require replacement of the windscreen! Regardless.

Leave it at home? pfft Nah I like driving it too much :cheers:

I don't know where all these people copping fines and defects hang out, must be the places where trouble usually is.

i was driving home from the local car wash? they are out in force its just a matter of time before they get you to its a real shame they cant focus on real criminals like the guy who stole my mates car @ gun point on the weekend..

there just getting out of hand now. In footscray. They have camera's above the street parking. To watch people who sit there with indicator on waiting for a car to leave the carpark so they can slot in. If your seen sitting the for more then 30seconds you get slapped with a fine in the mail for parking in a non standing zone. Bloody bullshit what their doing.

They are also installing speed and red light cameras exerywhere as well. Burwood hay and stud Ed for example, I'm suprised it took them so long in the first place. They are also being dirty and installing those bloody gutter cameras. I was turning right off princes hwy into chapel n there it was right next to my door. Saw it flash a few people as well