SAU Community

R33 Projector Retrofit

buckets

hey guys

with the xmas break being on ive decided to retrofit some projectors into my R33.

couple of questions:

1. what projectors would best suit R33 headlights? ive read that lexus ones are good but what are the best for a better fit into the headlight casing? (s2 r33 if that makes a difference)

2. do hid kits come with just the normal beam lights? (as in do i need another kit for hi beam? i really need a general explanation on what hid's are and how they beter)

3. has anyone done this before? (ive read post's on people thinking about doing it and ive seen a youtube video on someone doing it but has anyone on here actually done it

?)

cheers

I know someone on here recently posted doing the headlight change, check through this list of forums it'll probably be about page 4-5 now most likely...has photos and looks decent to, forgot what projectors they used

personally, id be wary.. id be worried about stuffing up the angle at which i install the lenses.. the way the projector lense works is it focuses the broad light given off by the HID globe to a specific angle and direction... obviously you can see where you can easily go wrong. without the lense the HIDs are horrible.. super bright but hardly lights up the road.

ive only been in one car with a good set of HIDs to be honnest.. my mate has a JDM evo 8 with HIDs..

They were marginally better than my narva +50 globes i was running in my evo 4. highbeam was no better, and i think i would have rathered the globes anyway... those narva +50 globes are seriously something to consider before butchering your headlights... and if thats not enough try a new relay for your globes :P that always works well

personally, id be wary.. id be worried about stuffing up the angle at which i install the lenses.. the way the projector lense works is it focuses the broad light given off by the HID globe to a specific angle and direction... obviously you can see where you can easily go wrong. without the lense the HIDs are horrible.. super bright but hardly lights up the road.

ive only been in one car with a good set of HIDs to be honnest.. my mate has a JDM evo 8 with HIDs..

They were marginally better than my narva +50 globes i was running in my evo 4. highbeam was no better, and i think i would have rathered the globes anyway... those narva +50 globes are seriously something to consider before butchering your headlights... and if thats not enough try a new relay for your globes :P that always works well

arent these a h4 though? and the r33 only takes h1's?

Another option - if you can afford the coinage,...is to buy a pair of R33 GTR S3 lights and plonk them in...they come with Zenon projectors...looks freaken tough...do a search. I actually posted a whole thread on my search for these a while back.

arent these a h4 though? and the r33 only takes h1's?

I got mine from repco and they are available in all the different globe types, h4 h1 etc.. will set you back $50 tho

yet agree on the S3 GTR headlights.. just not sure if they fit up or need to change pannels? plus they are bloody exxy haha

heres mine :) so much better than silly standard looking beams.

hey mate

that looks awesome,

what projector did u use?

and how long did it take u to do both headlights?

it a b**ch of a job?

• 1 month later...